all posts post new thread

Off-Topic StrongFirst Annual Leadership meeting and Strong Endurance 2017

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anna C

Level 9 Valued Member
Team Leader Certified Instructor
Elite Certified Instructor
Sinister
The vibes on social media are so good about the events in Denver this past weekend, I just had to cast this bait in the water, and see if we could catch some info here on the forum!

How was the leadership meeting? Anything exciting and new in the world of StrongFirst?

And how was the first Strong Endurance seminar with Pavel? Can't wait to hear more about this!!

I will write a bit more later, friends.

OK, online at the hotel, good connection.

StrongFirst Leadership Meeting

Well I can't really say much, as (to paraphrase Fight Club), "the first rule of leadership meeting is... "

All I can say that I am very blessed and honoured to be part of this brotherhood and sisterhood of strength, and our great instructor's team. Special thanks to HQ to make all this happen, lots lots of work behind the scene, and lots of exciting projects for the next years.

Strong Endurance

Revolution in conditioning. A dozen years ago, nobody really knew what kettlebells are, and everybody laughed at us doing these weird moves with those "kettle-balls". And look now.

Nobody (or very few) knew many of the principles that we take today for granted - not training to failure, ladders, GTG... 2 exercise only to get strong (PTTP!, SAS, NW)? And look now.

What Pavel has done for the strength training is happening in the endurance and conditioning world - a true paradigm shift. The manual has almost 200 pages (!), and it covers everything - general overview of endurance, stress and adaptation, ant-glycolytic training overview, speed/strength endurance, chapters on relaxation, breathing exercises, efficiency, etc. Lots of training templates, lots of tested programs, just wow. Wow. If you have a chance to attend the event please do, this is going to be the next big thing guys. Pavel, respect.

Nobody (or very few) knew many of the principles that we take today for granted - not training to failure, ladders, GTG... 2 exercise only to get strong (PTTP!, SAS, NW)? And look now.
Pavel seems to be meditating on some things...he takes some undivided attention. And then, a slap on the face without a sound.

I couldn't stay for Strong Endurance, but as @Pavel Macek implies, a lot of what happens at the leadership gathering is confidential. Great to see most of our leadership in one place, and HQ did an _excellent_ job with it - each year, HQ staff has been both briefer and more informative with its presentations, and each year we have had more opportunities for the leadership to discuss issues relevant to our school than the year before. That much, I can say. :) Clearly, ship is being steered by good hands. And let's take note of the fact that, although StrongFirst still seems new in some ways, we will have our 5th anniversary in the Fall.

-S-

I saw stuff on social media and it looked like everyone had a good time. I have a few questions. If my questions are crossing the line of trade secrets or confidentiality I will understand if you can't answer them. Will this Strong Endurance program be a new branch of StrongFirst like an SFE that compliments SFG, SFL and SFB? Does Strong Endurance change the nature of Simple and Sinister or the Program Minimum or is it something completely new and isn't a future replacement for the swings and get ups we all know and love? Is this something that will eventually be part of a layman's program like S&S or is more in the realm of professionals?

@Riley O'Neill, consider Strong Endurance along the lines of Plan Strong - it's a special program that will be offered from time to time. (How often and for how long is up to Pavel, of course.)

I was unable to stay in Denver for Strong Endurance so I cannot comment further on its relationship to S&S, but both Plan Strong and Strong Endurance are considered proprietary - participants are allowed to use what they've learned to create programs for their students and themselves, but they're not allowed to teach it. I think that pretty much rules out an SFE or an SFPS.

Pavel has written blogs that incorporate some of Plan Strong's principles and has said as much right in the blogs themselves - perhaps this will also happen with Strong Endurance.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom