all posts post new thread

Bodyweight StrongFirst Bodyweight Course - Available Now

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Excited for this but have one question.

Does this online course include the PDF course material downloads, one would receive if attending an in person course?

what kind of downloadable materiel ?
@ibonhomme and @Sean M

There's a downloadable pdf that has a breakdown of the lessons with all of the regressions and progressions. For example, the one arm pushup begins with power breathing -> plank -> etc. Pretty much will take you from zero to hero.

Then there is a programming pdf at the end of the course which provides you with different options.

Is the programming advice offered different to the suggestions included in the Naked Warrior? If this is an inappropriate question to ask let me know and I am not asking for detailed information on what the programming section includes. Just whether it's similar to a resource I already own. Thanks!

Is the programming advice offered different to the suggestions included in the Naked Warrior? If this is an inappropriate question to ask let me know and I am not asking for detailed information on what the programming section includes. Just whether it's similar to a resource I already own. Thanks!
It's allot different for sure.

Thank you Adam for your great answers and hope you have gained a lot from the course.

Yes—there are downloadable workbooks with each module and the programming module is unique.

Brett

@Brett Jones Has there been any discussion of creating "follow along" session type modules as part of these courses? I can tell you that people look for that -- My S&S video has almost 30,000 views and I think it's because people use it that way. Like old time fitness DVDs...

Hello, I have invested in the bodyweight course with complete confidence since I have already bought the kettebell fundamentals.
Comparatively and to bounce back on @Anna C remark, I find that it lacks the equivalent of the "putting it into practice" demonstrated by Fabio Zonin who proposes drills in follow along tri sets.

But of course this is still an excellent online training course and I don't regret the purchase.

ibonhomme
Thank you for your feedback.
RE: the Tri-sets
In bodyweight training there are more "variables" to putting together the tri-sets and selecting the drills that target skills that need to be improved to progress toward to goal.
With KB training the progressions are (or can be) more "set." Hence the difference in the putting it into practice.

I just bought it and have been going through it. I quickly looked at the programming pdf and it basically says "train GTG or Conventional" for most of the lifts. But it has different progressions than NW. So far it looks pretty interesting. The drills I've tried have been pretty great too.

Last edited:
For the conventional practice of the strongfirst bodyweight program, do 3 times a week, working the oap, and the pistol, do I add pull-ups (3x5) at the start and some HLR work at the end of the session? Would it work well, or what would be the option to work in conventional and advance in the exercises?
Luigib.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom