all posts post new thread

Old Forum Strongfirst Lifter England in Dec

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tommygray89

Level 1 Valued Member
Ladies and Gents,

I am interested in doing the SFL in England at the end of the year, however I am worried about being underprepared for the cert. I have been backpacking the world since January and won't be anywhere stable until I reach England in December. I am training doing body weight exercises; 1 arm 1 leg push-ups, pistols, handstand push-ups (just learning) and pull-ups (when I can find a bar, surprisingly hard in the middle of Africa). However I am worried about having not touched a barbell ( or kettle bell) in the 12 months prior to the cert. Should I give this cert a miss and try for another one later down the track so that I can have a little bit of hands on time with a bar prior to the cert?

I intend to stay in England for 3-6months so I will have plenty of time to train and access to a Gym so I can train for and hit the technique and strength tests, so I'm not as worried about that, more my proformance and skill level on the course.

Tommy Gray

Thank you Pavel, I will spend some time getting reacquainted with the bar (and kettle bells) in the UK and aim for a cert next year.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom