all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed StrongFirst podcast

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Listened the the podcast with Brett Jones this AM. Really affirms why I am here at S1 and why I want to help others find this style or training and programming. If this is a nod towards the ultimate trajectory of S1, then I continue to expect great materials and training methodology coming from this organization. I also look forward to continued studies to support the effectiveness of these methods and increase awareness further for the general community at large.

This podcast is my favorite podcast already. @CMarker could also interview all the master sfgs and some "working class heroes" from this forum. Perhaps @Steve Freides and @Anna C. They both are always helpful persons on this community and great examples for us all.

And Pavel would be nice quest naturally. Perhaps also some old rkc-guys like Cotter, Mahler and Maxwell. :)

If I'm not mistaken, @Travis Jewett may have dropped a bomb about who may be on episode 5...
Indeed, I caught it too. But my big takeaway from #3 is that S&S (including warm-up drills and cool-down stretches) has you moving your hips and shoulders in every direction under load - something that will help most people prevent a lot of orthopedic problems in the future.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions for guests. We have a good list of people to interview. In the coming weeks, we are going to do a bit of a theme on Strong Endurance related topics. I hope to weave some themes through the podcasts, as well as bring some out of the box thinkers to the show.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom