all posts post new thread

Nutrition Study finds nicotine safe, helps in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's

Kenny Croxdale

Level 7 Valued Member
Ketones for Alzheimers and Dementia

This information was provide in a previous post.

Consuming Coconut Oil and Medium Chain Triglyceride, MCT Oil improves individual with coganative brian disorders by increasing ketone that the brain need to perform better.

As mention in my post, something else that improves cognative fucntion is Nicotine.

The research data has demonstrated it is not the nicotine in cigarettes that is the issue. It is the other chemicals in cigarettes that are the problem.

...nicotine is only one of between 500 – 700 chemicals in tobacco (which turn into more than 7,000 when tobacco is smoked).
So, before we get to the meat of the matter, let’s make one thing clear: nicotine is not synonymous with tobacco." Source: Nicotine: Pure Evil or Brain Fuel?

Study finds nicotine safe, helps in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's

A study of Alzheimer's patients showed that those who wore nicotine patches were better able to remember and pay attention than those who didn't. Another study showed that nicotine boosted cognitive function in older people who didn't have Alzheimer's, but were showing signs of age-related mental decline.

Nicotine also seems to protect against Parkinson's disease,
in which the death of cells in a small area of the brain results in tremors, impairing movement and as well as cognitive difficulties.

,,,nicotine by itself isn't very addictive at all, according to Dr. Paul Newhouse, the director of Vanderbilt University's Center for Cognitive Medicine. Nicotine seems to require assistance from other substances found in tobacco to get people hooked.

Nicotine is chemically similar to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter in the brain that declines in Alzheimer's disease.
Drugs such as Aricept help people with Alzheimer's by boosting brain levels of acetylcholine. Apparently, nicotine binds to the receptors in the brain normally occupied by acetylcholine, which benefits people who need more, but it has no apparent effect on those who don't.

"Nicotine doesn't appear to enhance normal people," Newhouse said, "but in people who show some degree of cognitive impairment, nicotine appears to produce a modest but measurable effect on cognitive function, particularly in areas of attention and, to some extent, memory."

What makes nicotine especially attractive as a treatment is the fact it causes virtually no side effects, according to Newhouse.

"It seems very safe even for nonsmokers," he said. "In our studies we find it actually reduces blood pressure chronically. And there were no addiction or withdrawal problems, and nobody started smoking cigarettes. The risk of addiction to nicotine alone is virtually nil."

Last edited:
So fun follow up to this.
I tried using nicotine for several months and noticed a few things.
It has a strong neurological effect and withdrawls get bad. You get real dumb for a couple days after stopping. You stop noticing the benefits within the first couple weeks of using it.

100% have strong cravings for nicotine pouches after stopping. Saying it isn't addictive is not correct and I'm not sure why the doc claimed otherwise. I'm craving it every time I sit down to do brain work.

My RHR dropped 10 bpm the day I stopped and has stayed low.

I didn't consistently measure blood pressure, so that may have dropped too but my data is inconsistent enough that it might just be regular ebbs and flows. But judging by my drastic drop in RHR I'm guessing it is going to reduce BP as well.

Note: anecdote, not data. Maybe I just placebo'ed my RHR and other symptoms.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom