all posts post new thread

Stu's training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
December 12th
Morning:
OS resets
Halo 3×5 16kg
Arm bar to bent arm bar
DKBFSQ 2x5 (pair 24kg)

December 13th
Morning:
OS resets
Halo 3×5 16kg
Arm bar to bent arm bar
DKBFSQ 2x5 (pair 24kg)
Bent Press 4x1, 1x2 (L&R) 32kg

Evening:
A+A snatches: 20 x 5 repeats (28kg)

December 19th
Afternoon:
OS resets
Halo 3×5 16kg
DKBFSQ 2x5 (pair 24kg)
A+A snatches: 20 x 5 repeats 32kg

I've been struggling to stop the 32kg slipping from my grip on some repeats. The handle is very polished, I've tried sanding it, but still very smooth. Today I tried chalk, which completely changed my snatch with the 32. I no longer had to subconsciously think about my grip and the bell flew up for all reps.

Evening:
45 min easy pace run.

Last edited:
December 22nd
Morning:
OS resets
Halo 3×5 16kg
DKBFSQ 2x5 (pair 24kg)

Had to stop at 20 repeats as my hands were pretty torn up. 2nd time of using chalk and noticed the bell sticks more to the skin between the fingers and hand on the drop. Will try with less chalk next time.

December 23rd
Morning:
OS resets
Easy pace 45 min run.

Evening:
Bent Press 5x1 (L&R) 32k

December 24th
Morning:
OS resets
Halo 3×5 16kg
DKBFSQ 2x5 (pair 24kg)
Bent Press 5x1 (L&R) 32k

Taking a couple of days off snatching to let my calluses heal.

I've also reverted back to singles for the BtP based only on feel. The bent press feels like a lift that should be done most days to keep the movement smooth and strong. I have no plan with the BtP other than to get stronger with it and ensure it doesn't interfere with my snatch recovery. Some days I do singles and on days when I feel like it I'll do doubles. I follow @Harald Motz advice.....press almost daily.

Last edited:
Thanks @Shahaf Levin, I'm trying to keep it simple, but the temptation is always there to add more in.
I'm hoping to get a gada this week, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this fits in with my current practise. I'll be leaning in your experience...if that's ok?

December 27th
OS resets
Practise:
Gada 360 and 10 to 2's
DKBFSQ 3x5 (pair 24kg)
Bent Press
4x2 (L&R) 32k
3x10 push ups
3x10 trx pulls.

Santa brought me a 5kg Gada , been looking to train with one of these for a while, so took it out the box and had a little practise.
I used less chalk on the snatch with the 32kg, these felt much better the bell sticking less to my hand on the drop so not ripping them as in the previous session (lesson learnt).
This was quite a long session, but unusually I had some spare time!

How was your Gada session??

And is that a traditional Gada or a steel mace? Traditional Gada has bamboo/wood pole, steel mace all steel

Really enjoyed it, I'm using a steel mace 5kg . I'm planning to study the link you sent and keep practising technique for a few weeks.

Really enjoyed it, I'm using a steel mace 5kg . I'm planning to study the link you sent and keep practising technique for a few weeks.

Glad to hear. Technique practice is a good idea, I think you could probably start 4 min stop-start 360s pretty soon. I am interested to see how your snatch will be affected.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom