all posts post new thread

Subscapularis

Ian CL

Level 7 Valued Member
Is there any other way to get at the subscapularis other than jamming fingers into the armpit?

I've thought about using the end of a barbell in landmine position but understand there are a lot of nerves and blood supply going through that area.

Is there any other way to get at the subscapularis other than jamming fingers into the armpit?

I've thought about using the end of a barbell in landmine position but understand there are a lot of nerves and blood supply going through that area.
I’ve used a pvc pipe or broom stick with a rubber tip - sometimes you can find rubber tips for furniture legs that’ll work. Jam that in a wall corner and the rubber bit in your arm pit.

I have this, created by a massage therapist. It can be purchased off of Amazon both on the US and Canada sites. Have gotten in the area that you describe with it, and it's useful for a lot of other body areas as well, main advantage I find is that you are not excessively reaching to areas eg: upper traps, base of skull, when you might already be sore.

What’d you do?
My PT identified it was tight and may have been contributing to shoulder pain. There's a lot of meat in that area and find it hard to get at with my hands the way she taught me.

No other therapists had ever looked at my subscap in the past. I think she only dug around in there because I mentioned my lats felt tight.

My PT identified it was tight and may have been contributing to shoulder pain. There's a lot of meat in that area and find it hard to get at with my hands the way she taught me.

No other therapists had ever looked at my subscap in the past. I think she only dug around in there because I mentioned my lats felt tight.
I had more than one shoulder issue… what saved me from a years worth of impingement, rotator cuff related pain, poor mechanics, shoulder pain in various places, was hanging.

Google John Kirsch Hanging Protocol. You might discover this helps you tremendously, and won’t cost you money or much time….

Just a suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom