all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Substitutes for the halo in warm-up ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Méné

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows a good alternative to the halo pass around the head during the warm-up as i have a small problem with my elbow.

Thanks for your time,

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows a good alternative to the halo pass around the head during the warm-up as i have a small problem with my elbow.

Thanks for your time,
Lighter halos... I used 12 kg as a male in the beginning.

Well, and things like rocking and one-arm rocking, dead bugs, segmental rolling (all Original Strength resets) help with shoulder mobility and reflexive strength. Sometimes I do a bit of Crawling before my TGUs.

In ETK Pavel prescribes "shoulder pumps" for loosening up - basically dynamic downdog to updog from Yoga. This works well for me, too.

Kettlebell arm bars are a good substitute for halos. There are some videos posted in arm bar threads if you use the Search to find them.

The StrongFirst Mobility Complex has the Invisibell Halo as the fourth movement. Can you perform a halo without weight?

Somewhere on this forum a few years ago, Pavel mentioned that halos could be swapped out for arm bars in the warm-up. I very much prefer them!

Wow, i didn't expect you to answer so quickly, thanks for your responses, i'll try those and see !

Wow, i didn't expect you to answer so quickly, thanks for your responses, i'll try those and see !
You want to make sure that your “small problem with your elbow” doesn’t turn into a bigger problem. If it doesn’t go away or if it gets worse you might consider seeking a medical opinion...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom