all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Substituting bent press to TGU

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Matt L

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello everyone,

When following S&S is it possible and allowed to substitute the bent oress to the TGU if a mat is not available. I have times where I have to workout in a parking lot so lying downnon the grou d is bot an option. So is it okay if I substitute the bentpress for parking lot sessions?

Yes.
I do the same in my garden. Because lying down in the garden is weird. Bent Presses are great.

Does bent press strength carry over to tgu strength?

Definitly. But the Bent Press is way harder to master ;)
My working weight on Bent Press was 36kg before I learned the Get Up. Once I got the get up pattern in my brain I advanced to 32kg very quickly, and my PR on both lifts is 40kg. I think it is because both lifts benefit the shoulder and back. TGU works the abs more, while the Bent Press focuses more on obliques and the Lats. Bent Presses are excellent to increase and maintain Thoracic Spine mobility.

Remember, both lifts are support lifts. The more muscular effort you use, the worse your technique is.

Definitly. But the Bent Press is way harder to master ;)
My working weight on Bent Press was 36kg before I learned the Get Up. Once I got the get up pattern in my brain I advanced to 32kg very quickly, and my PR on both lifts is 40kg. I think it is because both lifts benefit the shoulder and back. TGU works the abs more, while the Bent Press focuses more on obliques and the Lats. Bent Presses are excellent to increase and maintain Thoracic Spine mobility.

Remember, both lifts are support lifts. The more muscular effort you use, the worse your technique is.
Thank you very much Shawn! :D

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom