all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Sudden sharp pain

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Eyetic

Level 6 Valued Member
I know that I should see a doctor and not asking here but...as the doctors aren't attending people in my area due to Covid19 I'm just seeking for advice in here.

Saturday while doing lights snatches I felt a sudden sharp pain behind in my left "lower" back that gets worse with deep breathing, and I uses the " " because it ain't really on the lower back here's the thing, I could say that is just where my ribs ends towards the back (core pain?)

Been taking some generic anti inflammatory and applied hot / cold, first night was really bad and could barely move, second night much better and movements are still restricted and today i'm feeling less pain and general disconfort when deep breathing (always on the left side).

I was planning to start back again with some movements (no weight) and streches tomorrow but I want to understand if any of you had a similar pain in the past.

Hey, I had something similar several years ago (picked something up from the ground in an akward way...), although higher up in the back next to the shoulder blade. Doctor told me it was a lumbago. Treated it with heat, very light movements (without load) and several days of rest.

Sounds like it could be a strained intercostal. If it is, very little you can do other than rest it.
Believe you are right felt some mild pain when sneezing from time to time..it may be something that I got for a long time and ended this way...

Well I will try to rest this whole week and resume slowly next week... :(

Did some running and it was fine...at least I'm able to do that.

thanks you all for your comments.

Just to confirm here, after my traumatology visit it is confirmed that I have a right strained intercostal and a lower left dorsal strain aswell........ therapy, pills, stretches and rest...what a nightmare.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom