all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Suggestions for Cast Iron Plates

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

intheways

Level 4 Valued Member
I'm looking for suggestions for some cast iron plates. I currently have some Hitemp Bumpers, but have given up on Oly lifts (I prefer KB ballistics). Also, I have a Rogue C-70, which is a shorter bar for my garage and it is hard to load more than 270lbs. I'm planning to work to a 2X BW DL (350lbs) and plan to buy 3 sets of 45s and a pair of 25s.

Thanks.

IMHO, anything that fits in your bar will do. After buying my first weights new, I switched to used weights - Craigslist, garage sales, etc.

JMO

-S-

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking around for some good deals. Im sure something will come up.

I agree with Steve, I've found some really great deals at Flea Markets. They are easy to clean up and make them look like a brand new set. Downside, many companies don't have a very good consistency in weight, but they are usually not off by more than a pound. But that can add up when you are using several plates.

@banzaiengr, I've got kettlebells that are also off a bit in weight - no big deal, IMHO, unless you need your weights to be very precise but I don't.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom