all posts post new thread

Barbell Sumo deadlift injury

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Spartan Agoge

Level 6 Valued Member
Hello everyone.

I was doing a heavy set of sumo deadlift(80% 1rm) and in the 5th rep I suddenly felt a huge pain at the lower trapezius muscle.

I hoped that it is just something very temporary, but, after 2 hours I am still in pain.

Could anyone suggest any treatment to speed up the healing process. I really don't want to be out of training for 2-3 weeks.

Thank you.

Please see someone, if you can .
without accurate diagnosis, treatment can't be prescribed.
My family always had salon pas around for aches and pains , and it's something I still use regularly when my back is acting up, but if the pain is not subsiding , please see a doctor, and get examined.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I was doing a heavy set of sumo deadlift(80% 1rm) and in the 5th rep I suddenly felt a huge pain at the lower trapezius muscle.

I hoped that it is just something very temporary, but, after 2 hours I am still in pain.

Could anyone suggest any treatment to speed up the healing process. I really don't want to be out of training for 2-3 weeks.

Thank you.
Agreed you should see a medical professional. Without seeing someone there is no way to determine what exactly happened ... it could be a muscle strain at that site, it could be that you tweaked your neck and it's referring down, or a slew of other things. 100% recommend to get checked out by a qualified professional. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Definitely get it checked and properly diagnosed. Anyone who offers diagnosis or prescription without seeing you is being irresponsible.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom