all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Superset Ideas

• Thread starter Deleted member 5559
  • Start date
Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I am mixed about conditioning; sometimes I like supersets that push my HR up but on the other hand, some sprints on their own do the trick well for me too. I find conditioning supersets much easier to think of but for some specific training sessions I'm wanting to avoid those.

Hello,

I agree with @Bro Mo 's assertion.

@Bro Mo
I tend to cut off one set or two when I superset to avoid failure and to permit a faster recovery. Plus it permits me to maintain good form. Do you use the same number of reps / sets / weights ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Depends, I suppose, on how much recovery I have planned after. If I won't be training for a few days I might push the volume up or if I'm not getting much sleep, I might push the volume down. I definitely do not have as systematic of an approach to my training anymore. I go by feel a lot. Sometimes it takes a few days or even weeks to feel it out to make course corrections though.

Hello,

The advantage I see in supersets is that it permits to decrease training session duration. When you are short of time, it guarantees you an intense and efficient training.

I consider supersets to be a good way to work on "real world strength" as we talked about in another thread : a good mix between strength and conditioning.

The feeling approach is possible when you perfectly know your body and when you are experienced, as you are for example. Otherwise, I think a non-intelligently superset training can lead to overtraining.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

The @malleus's link gives perfect example of agonist / antagonist supersets !

If you do the reps on a slow pace, it will be super efficient, from my experience.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom