all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Supplemental Skiing Exercises

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

sgtbam

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello All,

I'm currently doing S&S about 4 times per week working my way toward the Simple goal. I went downhill skiing today and my thighs were really feeling it. Does anyone have any skiing specific exercises to prepare my legs for the slopes? I was thinking about adding in wall sits and yoga warrior poses and holding for time in addition to the S&S kettlebell practice.

Thank you,

Sgtbam

Really hoping to hit the slopes this year. Need some snow though!! Very jealous. Front squats? Pretty good for hitting those moguls I would think and absorbing shock. Scale back S&S a tad and add in some squats on separate days, perhaps?

Ali, I'll be without my kettlebells in January. I think I will focus on bodyweight squats and static holds while in my hotel room. Thanks for your recommendation...

If you don't have access to any resistance for the squats, working on a 1-leg squat progression would be good.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom