all posts post new thread

Old Forum Surprise (cardio) PR

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rob Lawrence

Level 3 Valued Member
Did 10 mins of kettlebell-sport snatch last night with 16kg (one switch) and got 225 in 10:00, 110 L and 115 R. That's a 5-rep PR on my ancient 220 from God-knows-when.

This seems mostly like a cardio PR since it's a light bell, but technique also felt good and my hands were in good shape when I finished.

I would do way more with frequent hand switches. To get more with one switch I will need to study a heck of a lot more -- I feel like I'm missing a lot technique-wise. Marty Farrell and others are helping.

Rob

Rob,

I was just getting on to ask you about your program and what you"re doing these days.  I have always had great success with your thoughts from years ago when Tyler ran the article about you and Steve from Philly KB.  Just curious as to what you're doing these days.

Thanks for any input.  It really is huge that you are here.

Thanks Mark. I just got through a period of doing mostly boxing (and minimal strength work) for about 3-4 years. This left me in shape and mentally tough, but also definitely with diminished strength. Right now I am reestablishing my baseline strength with simple programs (ETK, 5 x 5) and exercises (deadlifts, pullups, presses, snatch and jerk). I'm finding it relatively easy to "grow back into" previously-achieved strength levels, although there are interesting variables (I'm mentally tougher, but also older and slower to recover -- just less-rapid mitosis I guess).

Rob

Good to see you here Rob!  I have read many of your articles and always walked away with at least something to think about or put on my perpetual "to do list."

nice going Rob , I just can't stand to go that slow ,lol. I'll do a lot of sets but I hate to go continuous.

A question Rob, what brand of kettlebell that you you using?

Personally, I  do not use DD kettlebells anymore  and I currently using WKC Performance and Prograde kettlebells.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom