all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Swing Form Check (32 kg)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pnigro

Level 3 Valued Member
I moved up from 24kg to 32kg about a month ago.

Currently doing only two handed swings.

Looks like a very good swing to me. Something makes me think your quads are doing a bit more of their share of the work compared to the glutes, but I don't know if that's a problem, or if so, how to correct it. Great hinge, excellent power, perfect plank (although your head is a bit forward of your shoulders, possibly could be improved), shoulders packed, leg/feet placement looks perfect... very nice.

Input from others?

Pnigro, to me:
very powerful, very precise timing staying in the plank as long as possible. The first one or two reps there was a little more float, and the latest reps looked more shadow swing like. What Anna said, shoulders are packed, your lats are engaged, so you are doing a very good job. Fine tune your head positioning, search for a point maybe 5 meters in front of you, and let your gaze on this spot. And, compared to a vid from last year you have build some dense muscle. Do you do any other strength training? Did you gain bodyweight?

relax the neck at the lockout, you don't want a chickecn neck.. otherwise its solid

Thank you everyone!

I'll see how I can fix the head position. Not sure if it's a posture thing or a result of unnecessary tension!

@Harald Motz No other strength training at the moment, just plain S&S. Yes I've gained some muscle thanks to it =D

I took another glimpse on your vid (I am not an expert), but for my eyes you seem to have little kyphosis in your upper back, meaning that is to some extend a posture thing of you. Maybe a thing that would help, would be light armbars or Brettzels. They came on my radar since my Cert. last weekend, to get better overhead lockout positioning, and they seem providing some magic, as my overhead positioning especially when both arms liftet allready much more better and my shoulders have not that tight feeling anymore overhead. But I hope someone better educated than me can say something on that.

@Lew it was the SFG1, and now I have little grasp of the saying: look for a local SFG. It was a great experience of top notch teaching and instruction of the highest level in the school of strength. Nothing more and nothing less.

@Lew it was the SFG1, and now I have little grasp of the saying: look for a local SFG. It was a great experience of top notch teaching and instruction of the highest level in the school of strength. Nothing more and nothing less.

Wow!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was reading your reply in this thread and I thought, you should be an SFG!

Thank you for doing that. Your contributions to this forum are noteworthy.

Thanks Lew. It is the contribution by all of us. The people that gather here are respectful, willing to learn and helping each other, no bullshit talking, encouraging, critic where critic is needed. No glamour and fancy talking, just right down to the earth and simple, which is not....
For myself, it started all with reading some high quality ressources. I got my Kettlebells, barbells, worked out, trained, practiced, kept on reading and working out and training and practicing, then, at some time began lurking the forum, and training and practicing. Eventually almost a year ago I logged in the forum and started communicating actively, which soon had deep impact, in the way that I am less "working out" than more and more practicing which is the way for skill development. But that has allready been written and told by Pavel Tsatsouline on many occasions. The point I want to make is, that this whole aspect of communication helps tremendously. And the certification blew my little mind away, as I witnessed, how the Masters carried their knowledge, experience, skill and strength. I claim for myself, that my training and practice is not the same anymore.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone has a similar problem or knows someone who does:

During the last couple of weeks I was having pain in my middle back everytime I did swings and couldn't figure out why.

Today I did my swings with my arms more straight, as opposed to flexed (t-rex swings), and the pain was immediately gone.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom