all posts post new thread

Kettlebell swing form check please

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

User 7569

hello all.

i am just looking for some feedback on my 2 arm swing

thank you

the main thoughts, that came to me instantly:
work on your set up. Approach the bell calmly stand erect first, you may want to use the side of your hands into the crease of your hips and actually push your hips back, cueing that motion with your hands, while simultaneously bending the knees more. Then grab the bell, actively pull the shoulders back and down, tense up and put a bit of tension on the bell towards you. Breath in, hike the ball back and explode. Again approach the bell calmly, thinking or visualize what to do, take your time to set yourself up strongly without haste.

In your vid you seem to just fold over to the bell, approaching it loosely. Remember: the set up is the first rep it is that important to groove a perfect set up each and every time you are going to swing, clean, snatch, goblet squat... a bell. It is like a red thread going through the complete set.

Also with your reps: hips back, the knees will bend some more, and your torso will be not that excessive parallel to the floor. You are more kind of stiff leg swinging. Stay in the plank. Tight. You seem to loose it sometimes on some reps.

I think you have a good timing overall. Grooving a few aspects, and you will have stronger swing.

the main thoughts, that came to me instantly:
work on your set up. Approach the bell calmly stand erect first, you may want to use the side of your hands into the crease of your hips and actually push your hips back, cueing that motion with your hands, while simultaneously bending the knees more. Then grab the bell, actively pull the shoulders back and down, tense up and put a bit of tension on the bell towards you. Breath in, hike the ball back and explode. Again approach the bell calmly, thinking or visualize what to do, take your time to set yourself up strongly without haste.

In your vid you seem to just fold over to the bell, approaching it loosely. Remember: the set up is the first rep it is that important to groove a perfect set up each and every time you are going to swing, clean, snatch, goblet squat... a bell. It is like a red thread going through the complete set.

Also with your reps: hips back, the knees will bend some more, and your torso will be not that excessive parallel to the floor. You are more kind of stiff leg swinging. Stay in the plank. Tight. You seem to loose it sometimes on some reps.

I think you have a good timing overall. Grooving a few aspects, and you will have stronger swing.

Thank you Harold. I had a feeling that I should be bending my knees more

I will work on my set up as well

To me it looks like your shoulders are shrugging a bit at the top of the swing...hard to tell for sure by this angle.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom