all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Tactical Awareness "Games"

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

King Cobra Fit

Matt - CSEP-CPT, SFG I, FMS I&II
Hello Strongfirst,
I am hoping that some of you will be able to provide some ideas. I am looking for some suggestions on "games" to increase Tactical Situational Awareness/Memory. I have read a bit about Kim's games. I would like to build the games in with PT (Physical Training) sessions. I have quite a few planned however, out-side-of-the-box thinking is required in this situation.
If anyone has experience with this topic and is willing to share any suggestions or ideas that would be greatly appeciated.
Thanks very much all
Matt

"Walk tall and carry heavy things"

I would talk to the Ground Force Method folks. http://groundforcemethod.com Please tell them I sent you. :)

-S-

I have incorporated KIMs games and PT before. Obviously you need a partner to set it up for you.
Including KIMs, PT, and shooting into one drill is one of my favorite type of stress shoots to run.

One simple set up would be to have an entire deck of cards printed on a poster size sheet of paper. Have the subject of the drill draw cards (maybe 5 to start and work up to as many as 10-15) out of a real deck. Give him sixty seconds (adjust as appropriate) to study the cards. Run an O-course, snatch test, ruck march, whatever...then he is presented with a poster of all 52 cards. Have him shoot his original set he was supposed to remember. Pretty adaptable to skill level and equipment. Works just as well with a handgun at 10 yards as a sniper rifle at 100. Variations could be endless of course.

I'd like to hear if you were thinking of anything different or is that type of thing what you had in mind?

Thanks very much guys. The format we have been using is intergecting KIM style games into PT.

For example, during a recent pool pt session I put up peices of info of a "person of interest", Name, DOB, Address, Phone number. Each piece of info only stayed up long enough for each guy to see it once then a new peice of info was revealed. Also during this PT session I banged two blocks together some what simulating gun fire. At the end of the 25 min pt session (which was a tough one including swings, pushups, push press, 50 m swims with short rope climbs to monkey bars or carrying a weighted block) the members were asked to repeat as much of the POI info they could remember, number of "Bangs", number of rungs on monkey bars and length of workout.

They were not told what to expect, just to pay attention to their surroundings. It worked very well.

Very cool drill there, thanks for sharing.

This thread has reminded me I probably should incorporate more of this in my own training.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom