all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Tactical Challenge Program.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi,
I have been alternating for the past two years between S and S, Dan John 10,000 and of late G Nuepert programmes with the fighter pull up. I have certainly become stronger and I have been incorporating some of Tim Anderson's O.S resets so generally I feel strong and pretty mobile. I would be careful with Diet/Nutrition Mon-Fri and Sat/Sun pretty relaxed, I've been tracking Cals through my fitness and to be honest find it a chore. Anyhow came across the Tactical Challenge and it seems to suit where I'm at. My pull ups have really improved [need a new set of shirts] through the Fighter Pull Up programme and my deadlift is 2 times bodyweight of 100 kg. There aren't any Tactical meetings near where I am so, but has anyone used it as a training programme to improve strength and possibly decrease b/Fat?
Thanks
Conor

me? I think the TSC challenge is a worthy event. and the above program in linked posted is good for "a training programme to improve strength and possibly decrease b/fat" as asked above...

I´m following the TSC-plan in the link above. For dead I do 5-3-2 (as per Dan John´s rule of then). I have no plans in competing in a TSC event in Sweden, but to me its a holistic approach to strength with an absolute power movement (deadlift), relative strength (Pull-ups) and a cardio vascular one (snatches). The plan is simple yet very complete in my book. I think of alternating the pull-ups with push-ups (push-ups does great things for my upper body strength). I divide the sessions in A and B fashion and alternate them, some weeks two sessions other three, and run two to three or four times a week. The android work capacity is already coming my way. Next year I will crush the races.

My goal is to run a half marathon in Gothenburg, a trail marathon and Ice Bug Xperience a 75k trail race over three days.

I´m following the TSC-plan in the link above. For dead I do 5-3-2 (as per Dan John´s rule of then). I have no plans in competing in a TSC event in Sweden, but to me its a holistic approach to strength with an absolute power movement (deadlift), relative strength (Pull-ups) and a cardio vascular one (snatches). The plan is simple yet very complete in my book. I think of alternating the pull-ups with push-ups (push-ups does great things for my upper body strength). I divide the sessions in A and B fashion and alternate them, some weeks two sessions other three, and run two to three or four times a week. The android work capacity is already coming my way. Next year I will crush the races.

My goal is to run a half marathon in Gothenburg, a trail marathon and Ice Bug Xperience a 75k trail race over three days.

Your approach toward overall fitness and running is similar to mine. I'm actually planning on running a couple ultra-marathons in 2016 and I'm curious how well your training has worked for you regarding race results.

Your approach toward overall fitness and running is similar to mine. I'm actually planning on running a couple ultra-marathons in 2016 and I'm curious how well your training has worked for you regarding race results.

Through the whole 2015 I did nothing but trail running. Some occasional unorganized body weight training just to try to maintain some of the strength I gained during my powerlifting years.

This lead to my running improved greatly but my strength and total body tension and strength did vanish, more or less. I have not done TSC training for long enough time to have seen any direct enhancement i my body, but I have done S&S coupled with goblets, push-ups and pull-ups and that alone have really kicked my body back in terms of strength while running.

The thing is that when I did powerlifting training my body was drained so running was not fun at all. Now while doing TSC-training I try to keep a moderate pace in the lifting department and the reward are great! I feel much stronger than before, always feel fresh when running.

Ping me in a couple of months and I will give a better review!

Good luck to you and your training. Kettlebell and running is a match made in heaven!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom