all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Tactical pullup: getting chest to bar and foot position

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

guardian7

Level 6 Valued Member
1. When I do pullups I can get my head well over the bar to the lower neck. However, I have difficulty getting my chest close to the bar as it should be in a TSC tactical standard pullup. Why is that? I got the cue push the elbows back but it does not seem to help much. Lack of thoratic mobility? How can I correct this?

2. I find it easier to generate tension when my toes are pointing toward me not forward. Flex your ankles and see how it activates or releases tension in the hamstrings, for example. Why are the feet extended in the tac pushup and hollow hold position?

1. When I do pullups I can get my head well over the bar to the lower neck. However, I have difficulty getting my chest close to the bar as it should be in a TSC tactical standard pullup. Why is that? I got the cue push the elbows back but it does not seem to help much. Lack of thoratic mobility? How can I correct this?

Most likely it's just a lack of strength at that end of the range of motion. Put a chair under your feet and see if you can get up there with some assistance. If so, just do holds, use assistance, etc. to build your strength at that position.

2. I find it easier to generate tension when my toes are pointing toward me not forward. Flex your ankles and see how it activates or releases tension in the hamstrings, for example. Why are the feet extended in the tac pushup and hollow hold position?

I would say pointed feet go better with hollow position -- tight abs, pelvis tucked under, tight glutes, legs pressed together. But flexed feet can work too. Not a big deal either way I think.

There was a similar question about pointing the toes in a pistol earlier.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom