all posts post new thread

Old Forum Taming the bent Press

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

GalifreyTourist

Level 3 Valued Member
I was re reading taming the bent press and decided to learn the bent press for two reasons, 1. the key to happiness is lifting heavy weights overhead. :) 2. As a standing exercise its more convenient than the Turkish get up. If the ground is unsuitable to lie on for any reason. I attempted the Bent press in a GTG style and was able to put 28kg stacked over head, (I can put 32kg overhead with the Get Up). So I had a go with the progressions.

My question is how do you know which progression you are in, there are no progression standards, should you be confident with a certain weight before moving to the harder progression?

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your reply. I'm Just wondering if i should be working up to a set weight on my progressions. I am currently working with the 24kg as i just completed S and s standards with it. I would like to post a few videos. is there a best way to do this?

Daniel, if it helps, I've found that bent pressing tracks with my ability to TGU. 10 32kg bent presses is a lot easier than 10 32kg TGUs at this point, as well.

There's no standard. It is such an individualized thing, I would not ever say that if you can lift X reps in one lift then you can do Y reps in another with the same weight.

sorry it took so long this is my bent press with 32kg right and left. I've only been practicing it for about three weeks, working through the progressions.

I still need help getting my technique right. Any tips would be brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDAa6je0D54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up7inyGLDGg

note I want to embed the videos into the post, how do I do that?

I'm no expert but that looks more like a side press to me, I could be wrong.

I'm not sure you're ready for 32kg... Take that with a pinch of salt too. Good job getting it overhead though.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom