all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB TDS Kettlebells?

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

North Coast Miller

Level 9 Valued Member
Has anyone put their hands on one of these?

The horns appear to come out higher up on the bell and are wider across than most. This should put the bell lower on the forearm, esp at the lower weights. Not sure what it does for balance or movements like Halos.

I cannot find any reviews that discus the differences between these and standard KBs.

As a factor, the company HQ is within driving distance, I could save a lot of money picking them up.

Since the HQ is near, I'd go try some out. Things to consider:
1) If the window is higher (which it certainly looks that way), and the KETTLEBELL lands lower on the forearm in snatches and in the rack, you may find that is extremely uncomfortable over time (I have one of a different brand that I particularly dislike).
2) Also too wide of a handle can mess up doubles or dynamic/athletic skills.
3) They look like they're cast in 2 pieces...which means the finish is likely some form of epoxy paint or such. In extreme temperatures, these can chip.
4) Handles look rather thin...which can mess with your grip and how good they feel in your hand (bottoms up especially).
5) Finish looks a little rough. Will you be doing high volume with them?

Best thing is to try them out and consider how you're wanting to use them.

Since the HQ is near, I'd go try some out. Things to consider:
1) If the window is higher (which it certainly looks that way), and the KETTLEBELL lands lower on the forearm in snatches and in the rack, you may find that is extremely uncomfortable over time (I have one of a different brand that I particularly dislike).
2) Also too wide of a handle can mess up doubles or dynamic/athletic skills.
3) They look like they're cast in 2 pieces...which means the finish is likely some form of epoxy paint or such. In extreme temperatures, these can chip.
4) Handles look rather thin...which can mess with your grip and how good they feel in your hand (bottoms up especially).
5) Finish looks a little rough. Will you be doing high volume with them?

Best thing is to try them out and consider how you're wanting to use them.

Honestly I would be considering reselling them or just having a bunch on hand for instruction when I get my cert. Dive time and gas I would have to get $120 return, on a van full of KBs that would be very easy to do.

Jut looking at them I'd expect the lower weights to be a lot more comfortable - ride lower on the arm compared to regular 15-40lbers that like to rest just on or just under the wrist.

At the higher weights I'd expect maybe they hit lower down than would be nice for snatches, but maybe have better balance for heavy grinds. Is easy enough to teach more of a GS form and lower the inertia at the top of the snatch. They look ideal for beginners, but I cannot find any detailed reviews. I might have to just get one, I could use another 50lb and 70...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom