all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Tennis Elbow Frustration

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kf95

First Post
Hi all,

I think there have been a few tennis elbow posts in the past but no situation quite matched to mine so I thought I would post again.

I have had tennis elbow pain constantly for almost 5 months now. It doesn't just hurt when I am using it - it throbs and aches all the time and it takes me a while to get to sleep. I believe it started from my posture at my desk for the past 6 or so years and then one weights session I lifted too heavy of a weight and that must have triggered it off.

I have been to the physio a few times and he gave me exercises to do - I did them for about a month but found they made the pain worse at night so I have stopped doing them for about 3 weeks. I am not sure whether to try and start the exercises up again or not? I can't really afford to keep going to the physio since it has been going on for so long. I occasionally massage it too and do some light stretching.

I am exhausted from being in pain constantly and just so frustrated. Any tips/advice would be so so appreciated.

Has anyone else had the constant pain for months on end? :(

A couple of things here...
You haven't given us much to go on here... it would be helpful to have some sort of history from you, especially related to past and current training.

Not all physios are created equal either. If you are in constant pain that is affecting your quality of life (as it appears to be) then you should be diagnosed by a doctor who specializes in this area.

Ice it at night, those blue spikey balls worked very well for me as well. I kept a ball at my work station and one at home. Roll, press, rub the entire area.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom