all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed TENS + EMS units

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Benjamin Renaud

Level 8 Valued Member
I was wondering what kind of experience forum members have had using these.

What do you use it for? Pain, muscle relaxation, muscle activation, recovery?
What are the models brands you use or recommend? Or those you don't recommend?

I was looking at using it mainly for reduction of pain either in the case of low back pain or to help with pain management of a chronic tendinopathy where I feel part of the pain is neurological/hypersensitivity.

I also wondered if it would be useful in helping with muscle activation in certain movement patterns, like getting my lower traps to fire properly with correctives for overhead work. My PT also mentioned using it for VMO activation while doing squats.

Does it help with relaxing muscles that are overly tight? I often have very tight trapeze muscles and would love to find something to help release that tension. Also for releasing QL and other low back muscles when I have muscle spasms due to back pain.

Thank you for any feedback, tips or links you can provide.

Last edited:
I was wondering what kind of experience forum members have had using these.

What do you use it for? Pain, muscle relaxation, muscle activation, recovery?
What are the models brands you use or recommend? Or those you don't recommend?

I was looking at using it mainly for reduction of pain either in the case of low back pain or to help with pain management of a chronic tendinopathy where I feel part of the pain is neurological/hypersensitivity.

I also wondered if it would be useful in helping with muscle activation in certain movement patterns, like getting my lower traps to fire properly with correctives for overhead work. My PT also mentioned using it for VMO activation while doing squats.

Does it help with relaxing muscles that are overly tight? I often have very tight trapeze muscles and would love to find something to help release that tension. Also for releasing QL and other low back muscles when I have muscle spasms due to back pain.

Thank you for any feedback, tips or links you can provide.
I used one for a long time. Don’t remember the brand. I bought it when I had a job that deposited money into my flex spend account and I could buy healthcare related things.

I remember it helping but in the way that I wanted. I’d mostly use it when doing a high number of Kipling pull-ups and hurting my neck.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom