all posts post new thread

Kettlebell TGU modification?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Hogar# - You could try using the double kettlebell TGU technique but with one bell.

I remember back when Pavel wrote "Enter the Kettlebell", when describing the TGU, he said "How you get up is your business, anything that is comfortable and safe to you". Obviously if you want to get SFG certified, you have to learn the SF style but my point is that if you have an injury, don't force a style on yourself but rather style the movement to yourself.

@SuperGirevik
Thank You for sharing link. I like it. I will take surgery next month. After that I will sure try different styles of TGU and report back here with my progress and experience.

Hello there.
I am still waiting for surgery, but I wanted to give you some feedback on my expirience with the modified TGU variation.
Until now I've been doing TGU from elbow to low bridge, as @Anna C posted in her excellent video.
I should say that it works great. I am currently doing TGU with 25 kg (progress from 15 kg to 25kg) in S&S program and I feel my overall strength and condition is growing. I should mention that I do it with DB because KB puts preassure on the exact spot where tumor is located.
I tested my DB press and I can comfortably press 25 kg once. It would probably go for few more reps but I did not want to push it. Also, my hand and wrist got stronger so I can do Pullups again .
I would recommend this variation to anyone with wrist issues.
Thanks again to you all for support and advices.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom