all posts post new thread

Kettlebell TGU progression

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

arielbe

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello all,
I will move soon from 16 to 24kg bell, and regarding the tgu, If I can not do the whole move with the new weight what would be the progression?
For example, if I can do half a move , is it consider as a set ? How should I progress with the new weight?
Thank you all
Ariel

Reactions: Ege
I prepared for the new weight by doing consecutive reps with the current bell. For the 16-24 and 24-32 transition, working to 2-3 consecutive reps on each side meant I was ready to step up. For the 32-40 transition I took a leap of faith and just went for it.

After the initial press, my rule is to only proceed if you know you can finish.

Use the 16kg, but add a 5 second pause at each step. After a few weeks, try the 24.

I have also found that doing upper body stuff helps a lot. Clean and press helped me go from 24 to 28. I was stuck on 24 for a while.

Hello all,
I will move soon from 16 to 24kg bell, and regarding the tgu, If I can not do the whole move with the new weight what would be the progression?
For example, if I can do half a move , is it consider as a set ? How should I progress with the new weight?
Thank you all
Ariel
Before moving up can you upload a vid of your getups? Best you get the form tweaks early on since when the bell is light there are some things we can get away with that a heavier load will expose

Before moving up can you upload a vid of your getups? Best you get the form tweaks early on since when the bell is light there are some things we can get away with that a heavier load will expose
Thank you Mark for your reply,
Due to privacy issues I prefer not to send a video in the public group. I apologize for not being so social. Thanks again for you interest and willing to help.
Ariel

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom