all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Thanks Karen Smith!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DaveS

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi all,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Karen Smith for uploading a video awhile back about the QL stretch to do following OAPUs in particular given how tight they can get from the movement.

I’d been suffering with what felt like a recurrence of an injury to my lumbar/Glute region with sharp pain that was a real concern at times and making me wonder how I was gonna be able to reach my goals as the region would go into spasm mid workout and afterward periodically and ruin a good session and leave me struggling for the next few days.

I instinctively knee it wasn’t an injury as such as it would suddenly ease and be ok again but keep recurring. Over time I concluded it was the muscles spasming as a protective reaction from approximating a position with load I got injured in many years ago playing football (soccer) and so why it would suddenly ‘go’ only to relax again consistently quite quickly.

I figured the most likely way to help it would be to gradually mobilise/stretch the area and try to find the right stretch that would reach the specific problem and seemingly have found it with Karens QL stretch with my not suffering with any problems for several months since adding the stretch to my post workout stretch routine!

Thanks Karen! ?

Dave.

So happy to hear you have found it helpful! Happy Holiday.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Karen Smith for uploading a video awhile back about the QL stretch to do following OAPUs in particular given how tight they can get from the movement.

I’d been suffering with what felt like a recurrence of an injury to my lumbar/Glute region with sharp pain that was a real concern at times and making me wonder how I was gonna be able to reach my goals as the region would go into spasm mid workout and afterward periodically and ruin a good session and leave me struggling for the next few days.

I instinctively knee it wasn’t an injury as such as it would suddenly ease and be ok again but keep recurring. Over time I concluded it was the muscles spasming as a protective reaction from approximating a position with load I got injured in many years ago playing football (soccer) and so why it would suddenly ‘go’ only to relax again consistently quite quickly.

I figured the most likely way to help it would be to gradually mobilise/stretch the area and try to find the right stretch that would reach the specific problem and seemingly have found it with Karens QL stretch with my not suffering with any problems for several months since adding the stretch to my post workout stretch routine!

Thanks Karen! ?

Dave.
Dave,
A link, please? Search didn't result in succes. Thanks.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom