all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Thanks to all of you.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Fossil and @Bonkin... You are far to kind and I'm at a loss of words... Thank you guys! I know Bonkin's training regimen and participate to his training log, but if you, Fossil, would like to know anything about what I did to reach Simple, feel free to shoot me a PM or ask here, I'd be the happiest person if I could help you in any way (although your fitness level could very well be higher than mine: I'm nothing special, really). I can guarantee to you that just by being here and maybe doing some researches on your own on the Internet, you're doing yourself a lot of good: like anything in life, it is my personal opinion that training is learnt on paper and developed with the weights. :) If you'd like to be adressed to the (many) sources I'm gathering knowledge from, I'm here buddy! And don't worry about Italian, writing in English is a good way for me to keep learning! ;)

@El Cid quello che dici è vero! "Cugini linguistici" mi piace tantissimo! :D

Congratulations! I am giving you a high five from all the way over in Canada! Thank you so much for posting your journey here...as someone who is working on Simple and Sinister myself (6th month now, adding sets of increased weight) I loved your story. Not boring at all friend, but inspirational for those of us still doing this! It helps me greatly in those moments when I think this is taking forever.

@crazycanuck don't mention it, fair Lady! I does take time and it can become boring, I'm not going to deny that. But the results it gives are worth the investment. I don't know where you are on your jurney, but I'll give you my take on a couple of things that were fundamental for me when I thought I had enough:
  • If the lighter bell went up, the heavier bell will go up - period. I found Simple is designed to be reached by most ordinary people like me. Sinister, not so sure, but again it's very personal;
  • my personal weakest lift was (and still is) the get up: I tell you that in both transitions in weight, added sets from one to three with the new weight were hard as hell, and this especially applies to the 32 kg - I still remember the feeling and don't like it, fourth set was very much more manageble, when I finally feel the fourth set takes the just amount of effort, I knew that weigt was conquered and the fifth was there. With that monstrosity I just wrote, all I wanted to say is that first three sets of every weight felt harder, fourth took less time to be mastered, and the last one was just natural progression, meaning when I comfortably hit the standard in the fourth set, I knew the last one at increased weight was probably there for good. If you want to know my progression, hit a PM and I'll give it to you - it's not supposed to work for everybody (in fact, I stayed inside the time limit for both movements every day of the practice, something it is adviced not to do, but I had my reasons), but if you wish to take a look it's very simple and methodical.
  • If it gets boring (again, it is very probable), add a very simple movement for a couple of weeks. I found it very helpful as this somehow made S&S easier when I stopped the plug ins. It happened twice, during the 16/24 kg switch where I was doing double presses and bent over rows in the morning and with very low density (3x3 on both exercises, 16 kg for presses and 24 kg for rows), durin the 24/32 kg switch I did 5 weeks of RoP like ladders of push ups and double rows. Again, not recommended by the book, it just worked fine for me.
I give back the high five from Italy! My best friend studied there 4 years and I came to visit for his graduation: what the World says about your politeness is very true! :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom