all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Thanksgiving: pass the Kettlebell please.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
After a 2 hour, 24Kg/53lb ruck on Saturday at sea level we came up to Angel Fire, NM for Thanksgiving. Rucked the same pack 6+ miles yesterday at 8400~8700’ elevation to see how the atmosphere would affect me and was pleasantly surprised that it was minimal. I will likely ruck again today. Brought my 16kg, two 20’s, a 24, 32, and 40. Will likely jerk and snatch those Thanksgiving morning and either ruck again or jerk again Friday.
Beast 24kg is no joke. Did a 5 mile ruck a few weeks ago (mostly uphill) and I was beat for a week. My sack was only 35lbs though.

Do you all use the Thanksgiving Holiday break from your work-a-day life to do MORE workouts?
Or do you just spend time with family and take a break from Kettlebell as well as work?
I had a successful PL meet last weekend. I am still in the mode of rest as much as possible, lift as little as possible, eat as much as possible.

Lots of family time: holiday dinner with mother-in-law, dessert with cousins we love and always laugh with, lunch the next day with good friends I first met in 1974, both our grown kids home for the weekend - the good life. Easing back into lifting tomorrow afternoon.

-S-

Drove 1500 miles round trip from GA to PA over thanksgiving week. Was the only one I saw doing 10 rep sets of air squats in the rest areas. A lot of mini excursions on foot while taking the auto tour of the Gettysburg battlefield. Did sets of steps up the reviewing stand at same track where Jim Thorpe,1912 Olympic gold medalist trained. Brief stops at fitness centers at interim hotels on the way and snatch drills in main hotel with very light kettlebell. Still reluctant to get on the scale.

Drove 1500 miles round trip from GA to PA over thanksgiving week. Was the only one I saw doing 10 rep sets of air squats in the rest areas. A lot of mini excursions on foot while taking the auto tour of the Gettysburg battlefield. Did sets of steps up the reviewing stand at same track where Jim Thorpe,1912 Olympic gold medalist trained. Brief stops at fitness centers at interim hotels on the way and snatch drills in main hotel with very light kettlebell. Still reluctant to get on the scale.
Just started reading Path Lit by Lightning by Maraniss.

Just started reading Path Lit by Lightning by Maraniss.
Thorpe was an amazing athlete. We stayed on Carlisle Barracks, which includes the site of the old Carlisle Indian School. Coincidentally, Maraniss is a friend of my wife's family. His capacity for researching historical detail is elite. Thorpe's and the Indian School story can be a difficult read for me but his athletic prowess is inspirational.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom