all posts post new thread

Nutrition The 24 hr diet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

I received an email from Geoff Neupert about his diet. The price wasn't too bad, so I decided to get it. I was a little let down. It's not that long, only twelve pages. And I remember reading alot of the information awhile ago.
I am wondering if anyone has tried his a.m. formula and what their experience was/is.

I thought about it but so far I am having good success using EAT,STOP,EAT. The sales byline made it sound pretty similar to the Warrior Diet as you eat some food during the day but in very small amounts and then a large dinner. You will have to let us know how it works out for you!

I have this too but never really tried it as outlined, though I did follow a similar pattern for a while with some success.

So far I'm finding I'm a little more hungry than usual during the day. Also, I'm getting some weird cravings. I think sleep is getting abit better but not sure yet.

I am curious to see how this plays out. Without detailing Geoff's work in public, can you describe the plan in a general context?

Pretty much a fast during the day with a few add ons then eat at night. The add ons are his am and pm formulas.

Noticing during the day after the night feeding bloat is gone I appear a little more lean. But, I feel a little more sore than when I was taking bcaa during the day.

I have read the plan, but have not adopted it. I am sure that if you commit to it, it would work. Geoff produces good work.

I will say that I experience good results from using Coffee+Fat in the AM, 2 tbsps Beef Gelatin with a Pea & Rice protein shake mid afternoon (approx 2 hours before I train), and then a healthy dinner around an hour after training. I find that I have plenty of energy to train hard.

I am one of those dudes who used to eat 5-6 times a day, so this has been a real shift for me. But now that I am convinced that my muscles won't cannibalize themselves, i find it really liberating. :)

How do you find IF Mike? Im pretty happy with my kettlebell routine, been using Geoff Nueperts extreme burn and it's tough. I've been tracking calories using my fitness pal and mon to Friday I'm staying under 2250 cals. I've been running this but find it tedious and as yet I'm not seeing major results. If anything I seem to building muscle though I've been following the pull up program and its immense for building upper body strength and muscle, For IF do you feel weak on your fast days when working out??

@conor78

I follow the Eat,Stop,Eat protocol.(Brad Pilon Eat Stop Eat )

I have used this now for almost 2 years and went from 212lbs now to 182lbs @ 6' with a 32" waist

Basically 2 days a week (for me Mon & Thurs) I don't eat till Dinner.
It was not easy at first and I would start with one day for a few weeks. After you get use to it though and reset your insulin levels you will find it easy. Training has been the same since I always train before breakfast in the AM.

Lost lots of fat and with KB lifting and using Original Strength Performance I am getting stronger and building some dense muscle.

Try it and see if it works for you.

Thanks Mike,
I'll give it a go and see how I feel on it, been incorporating OS resets as well and I think my KB training is on point but hate tracking cals so ill run with this and see how I feel on it!
Cheers

Let me preface this by saying I love Geoff's stuff, and bought Burn Extreme and More Kettlebell Muscle. Have had great results with both and done 12-14 of the MKM workouts. I had received the 24 hour diet as a bonus when I purchased MKM. I wasn't impressed with it then so I was surprised when I received an email that it was for sale.

I just don't think it's sustainable. It's basically the Warrior Diet and add 4 hours.

Mike has the right idea. Fast once or twice a week for 24 hours. Or do one big 40 hour fast once a week. Easier said than done but it works.

Fasting, of all varieties, works for many people. For others, it doesn't. Even more confusing, it can work for an individual, even for a long time, and then simply stop working.

In the same way that you must learn to read your body's sensations to master S&S swings, you must also first learn what real hunger feels like. Then, follow that hunger signal most of the time; less frequently, ignore it until it grows more intense. You'll find that unless you dig ditches for a living, or eat like a bird, your body may settle on an average of two meals per day.

There's my essay on fasting: free of charge ;]

Al, love that essay.

My finding is pretty much in line with what you have stated. I feel best when I've kept to two good meals and minimal snacking. I've tried the twice week fasting recently but doesn't seem to work for me as I psychologically think that I can eat more rubbish if I'm going to fast and then let loose. Balance is important (stating the obvious).

I've been craving breakfast recently so do eat porridge, had been avoiding porridge when I minimised starchy carbs. Is porridge ok?

Al, Very true about finding out about real hunger feels like, my problem is I was making heathy choices like nuts protein shakes etc but not factoring in their calorie cost. I have def noticed a shift in the last year in terms of what I can get away with eating and drinking, all about balance I suppose. Going to run a version of IF where you fast from 8 pm till 1 pm, I can do I without breakfast but missing out lunch would be difficult. I'll post in results as I'm running Geoff nuepert extreme burn with digger pull up program week 2, second time running it though first time I didn't follow nutritional advice.

I recommend everyone try fasting at least for a week or two of a 24 hour fast. This helped me to regulate my insulin and also figure out what real hunger is. After that it would be easy to do a 16/8 (lean gains) style eating.

I still do the two 24 hour fasts a week but overall I eat much less food. Usually 2 large meals a day with a small snack if needed. Sometimes its Breakfast/Dinner, sometimes its Lunch/Dinner depends on how I feel. That is the best part is the fasting will really get you back to knowing WHEN you are actually hungry.

In Geoffs 24hr diet article, he has the workout at the end of the day. I am going to start doing early morning s&s training and wonder if there's any change or recommendation to the diet for it? Bcaa or just keep going with the a.m. formula?

I know Geoff says to use gelatin during the day, but I just read an article that says gelatin one hour before bed is suppose to help sleep, sleep quality, and morning grogginess.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom