all posts post new thread

Nutrition The 24 hr diet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Gelatin or bone stock is often adviced in various diets such as Paleo. Contains collagen that people pay real money to apply to their skin.

It's an ingredient in his a.m. formula. I don't want to give it all away. You can read the gelatin at night article at Anabolic Men.

It's an ingredient in his a.m. formula. I don't want to give it all away. You can read the gelatin at night article at Anabolic Men.
Hunter1313 - late to the party here - just got on the forum (finally!) the other day. How goes it with this? Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hey Geoff. Glad you could make it. I have tried emailing you, but never heard back. Might have been the wrong contact info. Eagerly awaiting your Stong program. My questions are,
1. You have the workout at the end of the day. Would you change anything for a roll out of bed early morning workout?
2. What are your thoughts on bcaa during the fast? I have read a few articles on the importance of bcaa for intermittent fasters and training during the fast. I have a very labour intensive job, so it seems like a good idea to me. As you teach kettlebells and stuff all day, your job is probably pretty labour intensive also.
3. Do you still follow this protocol? Any new changes? Updates?
Thank you Geoff

I've practiced a form of IF on and off for a few years now. For me it's just a pattern of eating that is convenient to my lifestyle. Im not hungry first thing in the am and the first half of my work day is extremely busy.

I usually eat my first meal sometime between 11am and noon sometimes as late as 1pm. I usually have my last meal between 7pm and 8pm. Some days I'll eat three meals, but most weekdays I'll eat two.

It is nothing for me to crush a 1200-1600 kcal dinner. I love big meals!

On the weekends I will fuel up in the am before and during mountain bike rides. I do not operate well fasted when chasing fast guys around on bikes.

This can work as a fatloss plan or maintain/gain all depending on total calories consumed.

Black coffee, green tea, and lots of water will help with any hunger pangs. I have actually learned to enjoy the feeling of hunger. Hunger = Health

@HUNTER1313 - Hmm... Weird. What email address were you using? I've been having some major email issues the last couple of months or so. I'm sorry about that. To answer your questions:

1. Depends. Do you like to workout on an empty stomach or not? If so, then not too much. Do AM Formula. If you do like to have a little fuel in you, you could do the BCAAs like you've done in the past.

2. BCAAs during the fast? Don't need them. You have the MCTs and the EAAs from the AM Formula.

3. Not currently, which admittedly sounds bad. I'm experimenting with other "high-energy/low-stress" protocols, with the emphasis on "low stress" - or the alleviation of stress. I still have the AM Formula first thing in the morning. One of the ideas which spurred the creation of The 24 Hour Diet was increasing recovery means through targeted nutrition and its effects not just on body fat, but cellular function.

I'm a big believer in IF, but over the last 5 years or so, I've discovered that it is NOT for everybody.

Who's it NOT for?

People are are under large [to them] amounts of stress. It can actually increase the body's stress response, and do exactly the opposite - create body fat. Not exactly what we're looking for.

Hope that answers your questions.

I've practiced a form of IF on and off for a few years now. For me it's just a pattern of eating that is convenient to my lifestyle. Im not hungry first thing in the am and the first half of my work day is extremely busy.

I usually eat my first meal sometime between 11am and noon sometimes as late as 1pm. I usually have my last meal between 7pm and 8pm. Some days I'll eat three meals, but most weekdays I'll eat two.

It is nothing for me to crush a 1200-1600 kcal dinner. I love big meals!

On the weekends I will fuel up in the am before and during mountain bike rides. I do not operate well fasted when chasing fast guys around on bikes.

This can work as a fatloss plan or maintain/gain all depending on total calories consumed.

Black coffee, green tea, and lots of water will help with any hunger pangs. I have actually learned to enjoy the feeling of hunger. Hunger = Health

Yeah that is pretty much how I am operating now most days. Cheers!

Reactions: 1FG
A few more questions Mr Neupert.
1. My schedule is almost identical to the schedule you have for when to take the am and pm formulas. Thing is, I'm just not the cheese string type. Would it be advisable to alternate the am formula with tea? Ie 530 coffee, 930 tea, 12 coffee, 330 tea, 6 workout, and then eat? Or just tea at 12 and coffee at 330 so I'll have a little more pep for the workout at 6?
2. Are there any supplements you recommend? Ie fish oil, vit c, etc

Great Lakes - in the green can (NOT THE ORANGE!). It dissolves quickly and easily in anything.

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-Gelatin-Collagen-Hydrolysate/dp/B005KG7EDU?ie=UTF8&keywords=great lakes gelatin collagen hydrolysate&qid=1462577045&ref_=sr_1_1_a_it&sr=8-1

I can't do whey/dairy protein, so I use this is shakes/smoothies daily.

Yeah this is what Geoff told me he uses also. Now if I look at the store is this stuff in the supplements/vitamins or in the baking/cooking?

Otherwise I may just order it online.

Knox is beside jello in the grocery store. Most supplement stores around here don't carry gelatin.

My experiences with the diet is, it makes leaning up easy and works. The one downfall I find is, I'm getting real sick of coconut coffee. Gets old fast.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom