all posts post new thread

Old Forum " The Blank Serenity of the Invulnerable"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rif

Level 5 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
This was one of Pavel's best blog posts imo and I think he might like this clip :

the accompanying blog post:
http://www.strongfirst.com/blog/the-blank-serenity-of-the-invulnerable/

Rif,

Thats good. Best blog post is a tie for me between "blank serenity of the invulnerable" & "Role of the KB at Strongfirst". I find myself reading both of these often before training .

I targeted.  That was a great blog post making use of one of the best movies ever.  And Rif pulled a great illustration from the movie.

Something that fascinates me about this is, if you look at the character played by James Coburn, or even Steve Mc Queen, they aren't tough because of their impressive physiques, but because of their inner resolve.  Sure, it is just a  movie, but that is the way it is in real life, too.

Bookmarked that post to share with some friends who can't bring themselves to "rest" between sets.

Great stuff.

Sadly, I have yet to see this movie...and I'm a big movie buff.

Pavel's post resulted in me purchasing this movie last week. Can't wait to watch it and see where his inspiration came from

Daniel,

You must be a young fella.  Back when I was a kid you weren't allow to graduate from high school if you couldn't tell the principal your favorite lines from the movie, as well as talk about the other good movies that Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, and James Coburn were in.

And another thing, Yul Brynner did not really oppose Moses.  That was just a role he played in a movie.  But good choice to have him play the fearless leader of the Magnificent Seven.

If we have started giving each other movie suggestions... May I suggest the original seven samurai by Kurosawa, it is great. I think better than magnificent seven... *runs and hides*

It's okay Rickard I am a Kurosawa fan too. I love both versions but with a nod to Seven Samurai myself.

:)

It just now dawned on me that Yul Brynner was an evil Russian, just like Pavel.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom