all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB The Burden - Leather Kettlebell

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jaku

Level 4 Valued Member
So I was scrolling on Instagram today and I saw something interesting. A leather sack, stitched to become a kettlebell when filled with sand, stones, pennies, or my favorite: emotional tears. It was co-created by the well-known Navy SEAL Jocko Willink and Pete Roberts, and they claim that it takes more stabilizer muscles to tame.

These guys top it off with a bold claim: "The Burden may have just killed the kettlebell"

I have literally zero opinion about this new leatherbell aside from this isn't the first time a Navy Seal has come up with a fitness device (e. g. Perfect Pushup). Was curious to see if anyone else has seen this? Any thoughts?

So I was scrolling on Instagram today and I saw something interesting. A leather sack, stitched to become a kettlebell when filled with sand, stones, pennies, or my favorite: emotional tears. It was co-created by the well-known Navy SEAL Jocko Willink and Pete Roberts, and they claim that it takes more stabilizer muscles to tame.

These guys top it off with a bold claim: "The Burden may have just killed the kettlebell"

I have literally zero opinion about this new leatherbell aside from this isn't the first time a Navy Seal has come up with a fitness device (e. g. Perfect Pushup). Was curious to see if anyone else has seen this? Any thoughts?
I think it's just them trying to capitalize on the kettlebell craze. Most if not all people would be better off just buying a real kettlebell.

I wasn't aware we were in the middle of a kettlebell craze? Didn't that happen like a decade ago?

I wasn't aware we were in the middle of a kettlebell craze? Didn't that happen like a decade ago?
This thing came out right in the middle of the pandemic, when kettlebells were hard to get a hold of. We did have a craze a decade ago but this pandemic created a second wave for home gyms.

'The Burden'? Oh jeeze. It's ugly, not heavy enough, non-recyclable, expensive and ugly. Did I mention it's ugly? Also, bottoms-up presses. Go on, I dare you. I hate it.

Just my opinion though!

I get rather tired of people trying to reinvent fundamental exercise equipment in a 'unique' manner that typically limits its utility so they can try to get a patent on something that's been around for centuries.

Rogue's Strongman Throw Bag seems to make a better loadable kettlebell substitute (can be ordered with 55lbs of crumb rubber for filler too).

For $5 more you can get one that fills with water to go from 7 to 45 pounds with double handles. Much more convenient weight media and range. Seems ideal for travel.

Amazon product ASIN B00FNQJE0I

Attachments

• water kettlebell 2.jpg
    water kettlebell 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 10
I own a "packweight," something I think isn't sold any longer. It's a small duffle that comes with several plastic handles you can slide over the carry strap and really does function perfectly well as a travel kettlebell for many purposes. It's a shame it's no longer made.

-S-

creativity at its best, when I was in a campsite with no kb I used crosby shackles...
Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-02 a la(s) 14.46.23.png

Just polish the letters...if you get some used one for sure will have no letter on it, you can stack some weight on it too by adding some more of different sizes and grades.

creativity at its best, when I was in a campsite with no kb I used crosby shackles...
View attachment 13044

Just polish the letters...if you get some used one for sure will have no letter on it, you can stack some weight on it too by adding some more of different sizes and grades.
Nice.

I feel like anyone with a few bucks, a well-stocked hardware store and some ingenuity could come up with a better 'kettlebell' than The Burden.

Man, I've really got it in for that thing, haven't I? I think if they'd marketed it as a convenient altenative to kettlebells under certain circumstances rather than a kettlebell 'killer' I wouldn't mind so much.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom