all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB The Burden - Leather Kettlebell

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Nice.

I feel like anyone with a few bucks, a well-stocked hardware store and some ingenuity could come up with a better 'kettlebell' than The Burden.

Man, I've really got it in for that thing, haven't I? I think if they'd marketed it as a convenient altenative to kettlebells under certain circumstances rather than a kettlebell 'killer' I wouldn't mind so much.
Yeah I could use it to go the mall...imagine it full of cherries or strawberries...ahhahahahhaha

Nice.

I feel like anyone with a few bucks, a well-stocked hardware store and some ingenuity could come up with a better 'kettlebell' than The Burden.

Man, I've really got it in for that thing, haven't I? I think if they'd marketed it as a convenient altenative to kettlebells under certain circumstances rather than a kettlebell 'killer' I wouldn't mind so much.
I share your sentiment and I have actually gone and made a high quality adjustable weight leather kettlebell that imho is very comparable to my beloved traditional kettlebells . I made the bell the exact same size as a steel competition bell , and spent a lot of time designing the handle to get it just right. The handle grip is solid and 38mm in diameter, and the leather provides for a VERY good grip , the "horns" of the handle are flexible and I paid a lot of attention to the "window" dimensions so that it feels as close as possible to the throw properties of a conventional bell. The flexible horns makes for new training possibilities , things like bicep curls and lateral raises become possible , and adds a new dimension to the snatch as you can grip the handle as the bell comes over your hand .( you will also never have banged up forearms from bad technique again ) . The soft bell and flexible horns also add a slight unstable element to all the movements and will cause your stabilisers to fire a bit more, kind of like when you are used to doing conventional dips, and then doing dips on gymnastics rings. I reinforced the leather with very strong canvas lining so that it can take extreme loads without stretching and becoming a leather thong over time. I stitched the steel shot into 1kg bladders for easy loading , because if you have ever tried loading loose steel shot into and out of a bag you will know it turns into an unholy mess in no time. I made the top opening of the bag into a lace up configuration , because zips just wear out. I like to use unsymmetrical kettlebells when training doubles and will use one leatherbell and one hardstyle bell for extra stimulus , and even use uneven loads . I think I might have made the perfect "soft" leather kettlebell , but I will never claim that it is the kettlebell killer , instead I would rather say its a perfect addition to your cast iron or steel bells , I only train with kettlebells and cannot stand seeing crap technique , bad information , and bad equipment , and by this long post you might have guessed by now that I am very proud of my creation....I include a few pictures and I would be interested in getting feedback....btw this leatherbell can take exactly 24kg steel shot

Attachments

• IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1788.JPG
    IMG_1788.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 19
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom