all posts post new thread

Nutrition The Calorie (long article)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@deviant....bingo, don't be poor. Health and wealth inequalities - the elephant in many rooms from labs to ancestral health symposiums to public health.

My old roommate and I used to joke about this back when we were just flat out broke much of the time in our late teens, on our own.

Every now and then you'd go to brush your teeth or dry off out of the shower and see "the skinny man" looking back at you from the mirror - the version of you that really needs more calories.

Whoa, gotta get that second job I've talking about before the skinny man shows up again...

“No other field of science or medicine sees such a lack of rigorous studies,” says Tim Spector, a professor of genetic epidemiology at Kings College in London.

Rigorous studies in nutrition are close to impossible. That's why we have either very short term studies or observational questionnaire based.

Having done bodybuilding for a long time I can testify that pretty much any diet works as long as calorie balance is accounted for - I achieved shredded glutes on both low and high carb diets.

Difference between the diets is how enjoyable one is compared to another which leads to compliance issues.

The average person badly under reports their consumption which is why calorie balance doesn't seem to work for them.

The reason most people gain the weight back is they go on a diet, come off a diet!!! Those who maintain weight loss are those who made behaviour modifications which effectively allow them to regulate calorie balance long term

The average person badly under reports their consumption which is why calorie balance doesn't seem to work for them.

Under Reporting

As you stated, many individual Under Report the number or calories they consume in a day.

The flaw lies with them rather than counting calories and being in a calorie deficit.

Medicine Analogy

It amount to someone being prescribed a drug for their medical condition, not taking drug, and then complaining the medication isn't working.

Kenny Croxdale

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom