all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The Fast Tens rep/set scheme

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

PeaceMan

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello all, I fancy putting on a bit of beef and have known about this program for some time. I can't link the article because it was in promo material for a rival org.

The bit that confuses me goes like this:

Wk1 Wk2 Wk3 Wk4 Wk5 Wk6

C & P 2 x (5,10*) 3 x (5,10) 4 x (5, 10) 3 x (5, 10) 4 x (5, 10) 5 x (5, 10)
Snatch and Front-squat 2 x 10** 3 x 10 4 x 10 3 x 10 4 x 10 5 x 10

* 2 x (5, 10) means two series of 5 and 10 reps: 5, 10, 5, 10. One clean and press = one rep
** 2 x 10 means two sets of five reps. One squat and one press = one rep

I think the first asterisk is straightforward: week 2 would be 5, 10, 5, 10, 5, 10 for example.

The snatch and front squat rep scheme I don't understand.

Would week one be:

1. squat, press
2. squat, press
3. squat, press
4. squat, press
5. squat, press

and this equals one set so the sequence is repeated?

And so is week 3 three sets of the above rep scheme?

Am I being a bit dim?! :-D

@PeaceMan

Snatch and Front-squat 2 x 10** 3 x 10 4 x 10 3 x 10 4 x 10 5 x 10

** 2 x 10 means two sets of five reps. One squat and one press = one rep

The snatch and front squat rep scheme I don't understand.

IIRC, this has been asked before and I believe the answer was that "five reps" was a typo and it should be "ten reps." So 2 x 10 would be two sets of ten reps.

As Sheridan Blau once wrote, "Confusion often represents an advanced state of understanding." ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks, Steve! I sat there for 30 mins thinking the permutations and "I must be being really stupid, here!" :-D

No, 3 days a week.

I must admit after following links here, I am using Geof Neupert's Dry Fighting Weight. I like the lack of clock-watching and simplicity.

Though I should also say that I am not following the program as it is because I am doing it daily, for 6 weeks to ramp-up fat loss. I know each day's performance will be compromised but I am following a very strict, low-cal diet (which will also compromise performance). But I hope for max fat loss. I'll keep you posted!

No, 3 days a week.

I must admit after following links here, I am using Geof Neupert's Dry Fighting Weight. I like the lack of clock-watching and simplicity.

Though I should also say that I am not following the program as it is because I am doing it daily, for 6 weeks to ramp-up fat loss. I know each day's performance will be compromised but I am following a very strict, low-cal diet (which will also compromise performance). But I hope for max fat loss. I'll keep you posted!
IMHO - don’t do that. Try it as written for the 4 weeks. This is a case of “less is more”, or doubling the effort will more than halve your results.

But if you want to do something near-daily, his Kettlebell Burn Extreme has a very similar grind day (press and squat) scheme, and on days 2, 4, and 6 alternating sets of double cleans and double swings for 20:00. I haven’t done KBE but I think part of the magic of DFW is the rest days.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom