all posts post new thread

Bodyweight The Great Gama Protocol (GPP)

@Pavel Macek, I have purchased the GGP and over the past 5 weeks have seen great results implementing the movements after my daily strength training so thank you for putting it together!

My question is; for long term knee health, which is better out of 1 - high rep Hindu squats as per GGP protocol or 2 - lower rep Hack squats as per SF resilient series?

Thank you in advance!

Thank you for your kind words, I am happy it is beneficial.

To your question: do both. GGP Bathaiks according to your selected program, StrongFirst RESILIENT HSQs 2x-3x/week, low reps.

I joined Pavel on his free webinar of the GGP.
Its really the missing piece in my training. For me it's perfect to get my body working in the morning (hip problems after sleeping).
I also use it to get my body ready for BJJ.

I have experienced that my back and hips hurt much less when i do the GGP in the morning :)
Thanks to Pavel!

I joined Pavel on his free webinar of the GGP.
Its really the missing piece in my training. For me it's perfect to get my body working in the morning (hip problems after sleeping).
I also use it to get my body ready for BJJ.

I have experienced that my back and hips hurt much less when i do the GGP in the morning :)
Thanks to Pavel!

My pleasure, great to hear that!

I want to leave a little first feedback.

I am now about 6 weeks into the GGP and I do it almost every morning (5 of 7 days per week) as a morning recharge.
So far it‘s very enjoyable and I felt improvement in my mobility. The biggest change is my possibility to reach my feet while having straight legs. Before I started I could not even touch my toes. Now I touch the floor and can even go deeper.

I progressed like it‘s written in the manual. But I have to say I can‘t do as much sun salutations as needen when progressing further. They just need too much time. I will stick with 10 sun salutations and maybe do some more on my off days. The push ups, squats and bridges are done quicker and without a break so far. I love how it builds volume and strength endurance over time without burning myself down.

I will definitely stick with it as my primary morning recharge routine. It‘s a great fit after meditation in the early morning and even before other training. I can recommend it to anyone. Thanks Pavel! @Pavel Macek

I want to leave a little first feedback.

I am now about 6 weeks into the GGP and I do it almost every morning (5 of 7 days per week) as a morning recharge.
So far it‘s very enjoyable and I felt improvement in my mobility. The biggest change is my possibility to reach my feet while having straight legs. Before I started I could not even touch my toes. Now I touch the floor and can even go deeper.

I progressed like it‘s written in the manual. But I have to say I can‘t do as much sun salutations as needen when progressing further. They just need too much time. I will stick with 10 sun salutations and maybe do some more on my off days. The push ups, squats and bridges are done quicker and without a break so far. I love how it builds volume and strength endurance over time without burning myself down.

I will definitely stick with it as my primary morning recharge routine. It‘s a great fit after meditation in the early morning and even before other training. I can recommend it to anyone. Thanks Pavel! @Pavel Macek

Excellent, thank you for your review, sir. As for Sun Salutations, my experience is - once you remember the sequence, and your mobility improves, speed up - and it is done in a relatively short time as the rest of the drills. Anyway, GGP is a highly flexible program, feel free to adapt it according to your time and needs.

Hi @Pavel Macek

Question:
Do you have any thoughts on doing TGU as part of GGP? (I was thinking to include after the dands.)
I know that back bends are contra-indicated before swings, was wondering if they would aid or interfere with TGU.

Thanks for all you do. Love GGP.

More power to you.

Hi @Pavel Macek

Question:
Do you have any thoughts on doing TGU as part of GGP? (I was thinking to include after the dands.)
I know that back bends are contra-indicated before swings, was wondering if they would aid or interfere with TGU.

Thanks for all you do. Love GGP.

More power to you.

IMHO not a problem at all.
Thank you for your kind words!

@Pavel Macek

Apologies. One more question.

I love your style of teaching. The videos for GGP are some of the best instructionals I've seen and I go back to them again and again.

I've looked at the Forge, and would love some of the lessons, but not others. Specifically, I would really like instructionals of you teaching the basic kettlebell movements (swing, get up, clean etc).

Do you have any plans / is there any way to purchase the lessons separately? or in a bundle?

If so, take my money. ;-)

Thanks again. I hope this finds you healthy and strong

@JR47

Honestly, I still do not know yet. I will definitely relaunch The Forge every year with a special discount: We may offer in the future separate bundles (as The Forge consists of 4 lesson blocks).

And thank you for your kind words again!

Hello everyone, I heard about this program today and am ready to purchase it soon, only I have a few questions. Is it a more mobility and body-waking program to do in the morning every day without getting tired? And it will even have a beneficial impact when you have done strength work 3 times a week? Will I feel better and more supple after a good practice?
Sincerely, Luigi.

Hello everyone, I heard about this program today and am ready to purchase it soon, only I have a few questions. Is it a more mobility and body-waking program to do in the morning every day without getting tired? And it will even have a beneficial impact when you have done strength work 3 times a week? Will I feel better and more supple after a good practice?
Sincerely, Luigi.

- Yes, an easy "Morning Recharge" body-weight program - although it also features other ways ho to plug it in your current program (or make it your main training program)
- Yes, a great addition to your regular strength training
- Yes, your mobility and movement quality will improve

Please check out more details here:

@Pavel Macek Hello, thank you for the response.
I did take a good look at the link sent, and I think it would make a good addition to my life in general. Do we have access for life?
Thanks again, Luigi.

@Pavel Macek Okay, I bought the program and wanted to know if I should work out before eating in the morning or after?
Sincerely, Luigi Baumann.
Ps: I am very happy with my purchase, great job. Thank you so much !
Before eating. If you are on Facebook, please join the closed group and post any questions there - I am always at your service, sir!

I just saw that 'The Great Gama Protocol' is released.

Has anyone already bought it?

I wonder how you can classify it in relation to Flexible Steel and Original Strength. Is it rather a fitness program or a mobility program? Yes, it says GPP, but it's also written about morning recharge etc.
I am very interested but would like to hear about it from anyone who maybe just bought it or from Pavel M. himself @Pavel Macek

Who is this program for? How to use it with A+A work, Q&D work, S&S, programs like STRONG! etc.?

Looking forward to a nice discussion.

I've been using Matt Furey's Royal court as a warm up for most of my strength workouts so you can incorporate these movements in any training regimen you can think of.

Sun salutations are great, bethaks, dands and bridges are awesome too. You can't go wrong learning these movements.

You can use them for anything. Warm up, recovery, flexibility, conditioning. It's all good.

Hello everyone. It’s been a long time since I last posted, but have been closely following the bodyweight forum for awhile.

I just wanted to share my experience with Pavel M’s Gama Protocol. I am presently 3 days away from completing the 5th month of the “Morning Recharge” and can’t speak highly enough for how great I feel. I have been following the protocol as written and have not missed a single day since starting. After rotating through numerous kettlebell programs through the years (Rite of Passage, Kettlebell Muscle, various methods of A+A training, S&S, etc.), as well as a combination of running and rucking, I was really starting to feel my 53 years of wear and tear. Since following the Gama Protocol I have progressively gained most of the mobility of my younger years, and have found my various other active pursuits to have benefitted as well.

Some of the particular benefits I have found include:

- greater self-discipline through diligently completing the Morning Recharge in a fasted state every morning
- the elimination of any lingering morning stiffness
- a wonderful sense of calm to start the day
- a worthwhile compliment to most other training (even as a base program as the volume increases)
- significant improvement in body composition

My wife is now going in to her third month and is also feeling the benefits and singing the program’s praises :)

Hello everyone. It’s been a long time since I last posted, but have been closely following the bodyweight forum for awhile.

I just wanted to share my experience with Pavel M’s Gama Protocol. I am presently 3 days away from completing the 5th month of the “Morning Recharge” and can’t speak highly enough for how great I feel. I have been following the protocol as written and have not missed a single day since starting. After rotating through numerous kettlebell programs through the years (Rite of Passage, Kettlebell Muscle, various methods of A+A training, S&S, etc.), as well as a combination of running and rucking, I was really starting to feel my 53 years of wear and tear. Since following the Gama Protocol I have progressively gained most of the mobility of my younger years, and have found my various other active pursuits to have benefitted as well.

Some of the particular benefits I have found include:

- greater self-discipline through diligently completing the Morning Recharge in a fasted state every morning
- the elimination of any lingering morning stiffness
- a wonderful sense of calm to start the day
- a worthwhile compliment to most other training (even as a base program as the volume increases)
- significant improvement in body composition

My wife is now going in to her third month and is also feeling the benefits and singing the program’s praises :)
This is really great. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom