all posts post new thread

The Iron Road

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Light Day 9/8/22
VPP 2x16 - 5(2,4,6)(13’24)
Side snatches 2x14

Medium Day 11/8/22
CJ 2x24 - 5(2,4,6)
21’05

Goodness I love the clean and jerk!

I decided to refocus on my goals: SSST (200 snatches with 24kg in 10 minutes) and pressing the 40kg on both left and right, all before my 40th birthday in late August.

I’ve inadvertently snagged the SSST after working on ETK+ for the last 10 weeks or so (with a couple of travel/illness restarts), so after much considering I’m throwing the next four weeks into the press.

I’ll be using the Chinese Food GTG/ladder program, cleaning and pressing the 36kg (currently my 2-3RM). I’ll also do 2-3 days per week of EMOM 2H swings with the 36kg to keep my conditioning up, likely specifically the Swing Season program from Kettlebell Express.

Will see how we go!
Last year Just havig made it through the S&S I had the same goal for my 40th at the end of August 2022 in the way I passed the sfg1 cert in june and now can press a 32 both side but I am far from being a man among men… I am stretching the goal to finish by the end of the year the press but the ssst is too intimidating :/ how it is going for you?

Last year Just havig made it through the S&S I had the same goal for my 40th at the end of August 2022 in the way I passed the sfg1 cert in june and now can press a 32 both side but I am far from being a man among men… I am stretching the goal to finish by the end of the year the press but the ssst is too intimidating :/ how it is going for you?
Is the 40kg your half BW press weight, too? Or are you closer to a lighter weight?

Today is my 40th and I’m currently away from my 40kg KB (working interstate) but I think I can confidently say that, at the moment, I would not be able to press it right now. I did press it on my right earlier this year (right after the Giant 3.0 with double 32s) but I think my choices for programming beyond that were not conducive to improving my 1RM. However, using ETK+ did net me the SSST somewhat hungover a few months ago!

So all in all, I came close enough to my goal to feel satisfied, and between RoTK at the moment, with a possible round of the Giant again in my near future, I’m confident I’ll get the 40kg on my left while I’m 40. Still has a nice ring to it, I think!

What are your plans for hitting the half BW press? Do you have any particular programs in mind?

Is the 40kg your half BW press weight, too? Or are you closer to a lighter weight?

Today is my 40th and I’m currently away from my 40kg KB (working interstate) but I think I can confidently say that, at the moment, I would not be able to press it right now. I did press it on my right earlier this year (right after the Giant 3.0 with double 32s) but I think my choices for programming beyond that were not conducive to improving my 1RM. However, using ETK+ did net me the SSST somewhat hungover a few months ago!

So all in all, I came close enough to my goal to feel satisfied, and between RoTK at the moment, with a possible round of the Giant again in my near future, I’m confident I’ll get the 40kg on my left while I’m 40. Still has a nice ring to it, I think!

What are your plans for hitting the half BW press? Do you have any particular programs in mind?
I am 84kg atm so my test bell for the sfg 2 is a 40 eventually I’ll lean out at 80kg as I am “watching my diet”. I am again on RoP with a 28kg currently 5x3 ladders and using the same for swinging and snatching let’s see how it goes I shoul finish befor Christmas. also doing the Dawn of the Deadbug from @AleksSalkin (now in week 4) and the Sore Joint Solution from @Geoff Neupert as warm up. Probably I’ll include C+J on variety day there is an old report from Pavel about including those. Btw the Ssst it is a great accomplishment on it’s own! Keep strong

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom