all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The King-Sized Killer

I've got the KSK as part of Kettlebell Express. In his emails Geoff describes a version of KSK 3 that's a lot longer than the one that I've got. I'd be grateful if someone could say if the stand alone product is different from the one in Kettlebell Express as I'm wondering if it's worth buying it as well.

I've got the KSK as part of Kettlebell Express. In his emails Geoff describes a version of KSK 3 that's a lot longer than the one that I've got. I'd be grateful if someone could say if the stand alone product is different from the one in Kettlebell Express as I'm wondering if it's worth buying it as well.
I’m using the version from KB Express too. I’ll evaluate if I’ll continue to KSK 2.0 after phase III of 1.0. Working up to sets of 30/hand seems crazy right now (today’s ladders to 9 had me pretty gassed, and it was only the medium day!)

I noticed that KSK is also sold as a stand alone program now, I have it as part of Kettlebell Express. In reading the email sent a while back advertising the 5 different snatch variations I was kind of confused. I had never heard of a few of the snatch variations (besides the hairstyle, half snatch, dead snatch, and GS) but it got me wondering lol. Is it worth me purchasing the stand alone KSK to find out what a high pull snatch is? I know what a high pull is but what is the high pull snatch? Just got me thinking…

Didn’t even see your post I’m wondering the same thing.

I was going to purely do the Giant through Scotlands impending winter (October it start here regardless of anyones guff about “seasons”) but I’m eying up cycles of the giant with the KSK. I do enjoy KSK. I enjoy the Giant too and I’m only really considering the alternating of the 2 because Geoff recommends it and I’ve read about people on here doing it.
Thinking of the same here after one more week of 3.0, although I’m liking the results of 3.0.

I’m a little bit torn as to run it another four weeks before starting ksk or start doing both on an A&B schedule.
I would wait .
Snatching every day is very easy to over do.
I thought a minimal q&d volume of 40 or 60 reps 5x week would work out. 4 weeks later I pulled the plug.

I would wait .
Snatching every day is very easy to over do.
I thought a minimal q&d volume of 40 or 60 reps 5x week would work out. 4 weeks later I pulled the plug.
Not planning as an every day schedule. Only a Mon-Wed-Fri or Tue-Thur-Sat.
I did several months of Q&D when the book first came out. Back then I just did as often as I needed depending on recovery. Also mixed different days, sometimes 033, sometimes 044 depending on how I felt.
What I meant about doing 3.0 with KSK was to do only one program per day on alternating workout days.

Not planning as an every day schedule. Only a Mon-Wed-Fri or Tue-Thur-Sat.
I did several months of Q&D when the book first came out. Back then I just did as often as I needed depending on recovery. Also mixed different days, sometimes 033, sometimes 044 depending on how I felt.
What I meant about doing 3.0 with KSK was to do only one program per day on alternating workout days.
I see. That's interesting. I guess the way their written I'd do them in blocks but, not as a part of the same cycle , given how they have their own loading schemes.

I noticed that KSK is also sold as a stand alone program now, I have it as part of Kettlebell Express. In reading the email sent a while back advertising the 5 different snatch variations I was kind of confused. I had never heard of a few of the snatch variations (besides the hairstyle, half snatch, dead snatch, and GS) but it got me wondering lol. Is it worth me purchasing the stand alone KSK to find out what a high pull snatch is? I know what a high pull is but what is the high pull snatch? Just got me thinking…
Isn’t a high pull snatch just a snatch that starts off as a high pull and then you “punch” up to complete the snatch?

There are different ways to do the snatch including starting in a swing type motion and also the kettlebell sports style snatch so I am guessing high pull snatch is as it’s name suggests. I guess you will know if you get the program.

Disclaimer: I don’t have the program and I haven’t seen it brought it

Isn’t a high pull snatch just a snatch that starts off as a high pull and then you “punch” up to complete the snatch?

There are different ways to do the snatch including starting in a swing type motion and also the kettlebell sports style snatch so I am guessing high pull snatch is as it’s name suggests. I guess you will know if you get the program.

Disclaimer: I don’t have the program and I haven’t seen it brought it
I just thought that a hairstyle snatch was just that a high pull that you punch through. The way I learned to snatch was doing “T Rex arm swings” then high pulls, then high pulls with a punch at the end. But it was all one movement at the end, a snatch. Not a seperate type of snatch, just a progression of the snatch is what I’m trying to say. Lol

Did some searching and came across this thread. I'm currently almost done with Phase 1 and What a program! This is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Prior to running KSK, I didn't practice the snatch as much as I should have. So I wanted to dive in head first and work on my technique/grip/form overall. 24kg was my 6-7 rep max, and after day 1 (and realizing my form overall wasn't the greatest) that proved to be too much. I decided to humble myself and drop down to 20kg to really hone in on my technique and form. Dropping down in weight has allowed me to really work on my form. I've also been watching a lot of technique videos from Hector Gutierrez and Tim Almond to get those nuanced cues for the snatch.

Running this program so far has made me really appreciate the snatch and how great of a full-body exercise it is. Coming from the DBL KB complexes, the snatch was one of my more weaker movements. I have a feeling after running all 3 phases this will change. I'm already down a couple pounds while being a mild caloric deficit. Looking forward to seeing where I land at the end. I have Hec G's Double Kettlebell Manifesto on my list to run after KSK, but I'm considering running KSK again with the 24kg after (still thinking this one out).

Back
Top Bottom