all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The King-Sized Killer

@John K
@ Sean M

Thanks for the update on Geoff’s email. Work is so insane for me right now I’m missing a lot of emails in my personal account. Just finished up Week 2 , day 2 . I find this day beats me up more than the other 2 days. All of the pulls off of the floor are messing with me. Both my first rep and final backswing before parking the bell are “hingey-er” than I’d like. I find it tough to get into a more vertical groove with sets of 1 and 2. I’m convinced thats the whole point though. Still getting the numbers I want though, and hitting my explosive push-ups from minutes 20 to 30, usually always ends up being 9 sets of 7 in 10 minutes . I sit out an Emom round as soon as the ‘grind’ sets in.

I also train DBKB front squat 2 sets of 5, Monday to Friday. I usually do this about 4 hours after my overhead/ballistic work.

@John K a couple of replies ago you posted about a fat loss program Geoff had up in his emails. Thanks for posting that . I Have n’t been able to find it. Any leads on where I might track it down?

Last edited:
@John K
@ Sean M

Thanks for the update on Geoff’s email. Work is so insane for me right now I’m missing a lot of emails in my personal account. Just finished up Week 2 , day 2 . I find this day beats me up more than the other 2 days. All of the pulls off of the floor are messing with me. Both my first rep and final backswing before parking the bell are “hingey-er” than I’d like. I find it tough to get into a more vertical groove with sets of 1 and 2. I’m convinced thats the whole point though. Still getting the numbers I want though, and hitting my explosive push-ups from minutes 20 to 30, usually always ends up being 9 sets of 7 in 10 minutes . I sit out an Emom round as soon as the ‘grind’ sets in.

I also train DBKB front squat 2 sets of 5, Monday to Friday. I usually do this about 4 hours after my overhead/ballistic work.

@John K a couple of replies ago you posted about a fat loss program Geoff had up in his emails. Thanks for posting that . I Have n’t been able to find it. Any leads on where I might track it down?
Hey Adam - it was an email he sent out on 3/7, perhaps that can help narrow it down a little.

When was the mail send about combinig the Gaint and KSK? I'm interested in combining both (I want to improve both bij DC&P and Snatch). Normally I receive e-mails from @Geoff Neupert, but haven't seen this one.

I’ve recently started KSK and it’s great. I think it’s just what I need right now.

I get some emails from @Geoff Neupert but seemingly not all. I’ve had them in the past after purchasing MKM, SKS and The Giant and now KBExpress but I’ve missed this one about combining KSK and The Giant.

I wonder if it’s possible for Geoff to create a “sign up to all newsletters” link?

I'm very interested in combining the Giant and KSK. I also haven't received this email from @Geoff Neupert . The last one sent to me was this week's Monday Motivation. Spam folder was checked, nothing there either.

When was the mail send about combinig the Gaint and KSK? I'm interested in combining both (I want to improve both bij DC&P and Snatch). Normally I receive e-mails from @Geoff Neupert, but haven't seen this one.
I’ve recently started KSK and it’s great. I think it’s just what I need right now.

I get some emails from @Geoff Neupert but seemingly not all. I’ve had them in the past after purchasing MKM, SKS and The Giant and now KBExpress but I’ve missed this one about combining KSK and The Giant.

I wonder if it’s possible for Geoff to create a “sign up to all newsletters” link?

It just went out yesterday, check your junk mail folder if you didn’t see it. I can’t imagine his email program is set to only send to some people on the list and not all, but I suppose it’s possible.

I also did not receive this specific email (not in my spam folder).

I'm guessing this is a separate list for those that purchased The Giant as as seperate product? I own both KSK and the Giant but as part of Kettlebell Express, not individually so I'm likely not on this particular list.

I also did not receive this specific email (not in my spam folder).

I'm guessing this is a separate list for those that purchased The Giant as as seperate product? I own both KSK and the Giant but as part of Kettlebell Express, not individually so I'm likely not on this particular list.
No, I have never purchased the Giant so I couldn't tell you why I got it and you did not. It also included a link to buy the Kettlebell Express program.

I was hammering the giant and intended to do it exclusively but I got injured. In my over zealous running odyssey I wasn’t aware that cadence and not stride length was the key to success and I did myself a mischief. Any kind of double kb work was agony in my hip but 1 arm kettlebell work isn’t an issue. I’ve bought kettlebell express and I’m now doing KSK. I’m actually healed up now but KSK will be my bread and butter for the foreseeable.

In a recent email, Geoff described three ways of combining KSK and Giant - although he said his standard recommendation is to just do ONE program and if you feel like you need more work ... work harder.

Option 1: The A/B Split
Rotate KSK and Giant in either a 3-day or 4-day a week A/B split.
4 Day Split: A B A B
3 day Split: Week 1 A / B / A Week 2 B / A / B
(A = Giant, B = KSK)

Option 2: Biomotor Dominance
Here Geoff suggests doing them both in a single day, but sequencing according to what they focus on, in the following order: Skill -> Speed -> Power -> Strength -> Endurance -> Flexibility.

This may require some flip-flopping as the program goes on - Phase 1 of KSK 1.0 is more speed-power oriented, but Phase 3 is more on the endurance spectrum.

If you combine them, he suggests halving the daily duration of each (so 10 minutes of KSK, 10-15 minutes of Giant) and separating them by 5-10 minutes. So, as an example, 10 minutes of KSK, rest 10 minutes, 15 minutes of Giant.

He also gave an example of a client who, it sounded like, had three blocks - Double Snatches, rest, Double Presses, rest, Double Front Squats.

Option 3: Sequential Programming
This is the most straight-forward and least-combiney. Basically, you run a block of one followed by a block of the other. He gave an example of an 8 week block of one followed by a 9 week block of another, or 4 weeks of one followed by 3-6 weeks of another.

To wrap all this off, he said if you feel like you STILL need more work or variety, perform some loaded carries, such as from one of his Carry Me programs.

Although this information was provided in an email from Geoff, the programs mentioned can be found in his for-sale ebook that you can find here, and you can get on his mailing list by sending him an email at support@chasingstrength.com.

Solid gold. I like both the A/B idea and the “little of this, little of that” version. Clean, Press, Snatch, Carry, walking - hard to beat that combo for GPP.
Where was this? Is there a separate mailing list other than the usual one that I receive? e.g. today's was around 3 ways to get strong.

Is the giant listed as “The Olympic” in Express/Express Ultra?
No. The Olympic programs are different: different combination of exercises, different rep schemes, different session length, different recommended bell size.

The Giant programs are not in the earlier version of Express (the one with 49 programs). It's in the Express Reloaded version with 100 programs, and also as a standalone product.

Back
Top Bottom