all posts post new thread

[THE LATEST ARTICLES] Hand Care

StrongFirst

Break through a plateau in your S&S training (and applying the same principles will help with other programs, too):

Read - perhaps this is a plan you can use right now and for the next 3 months.

Training for your SFG Certification? Or just want to train as if you were?

Want a training program to help you get there?

-S-

-S-
@Jason Giles SFG - great article, interesting program that is going on my list of challenges for the upcoming year.

One question - when you prescribe "five clean and presses (long cycle)," does that mean performed without setting the bell down between reps, or performed as the GS long cycle C+J?

Probably a dumb question, sorry. I just haven't seen "long cycle" used to describe anything other than C+J. Thanks.

-S-
@Jason Giles SFG great article, thank you!

@Jason Giles SFG - great article, interesting program that is going on my list of challenges for the upcoming year.

One question - when you prescribe "five clean and presses (long cycle)," does that mean performed without setting the bell down between reps, or performed as the GS long cycle C+J?

Probably a dumb question, sorry. I just haven't seen "long cycle" used to describe anything other than C+J. Thanks.
I believe it is a clean before each press instead of one clean and 5 presses.

This article was featured in a recent StrongFirst newsletter. (If you don't get the newsletter, go here to start receiving it.)

Two recent articles:

Deepen your understanding of the principle important to both strength and flexibility:

A real-world example of a champion lifter using Second Wind techniques for success in competition:

There is a link to the author's previous article on this same subject within the most recent article - good to read both.

Back
Top Bottom