all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed The Liver King Steroid 'Controversy'

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Never heard of this dude, but he's obviously not natural at any age. I'd think an average person would realize this but maybe I'm wrong.

What the hell is an "ancestral tenant"?

I don't see where the article says he was arrested (I only glanced at it). If he was it was likely for possession of a controlled substance (steroids). For that kind of money, he probably could have had lawful prescriptions for them though? I'd imagine any fraud charges would be civil in nature (brought buy individuals, not the state) and might be laughed out of court. Could one reasonably believe he was not on the juice? What are the damages? In other words, outside a class action, how much money did an individual spend on his products? Even in a class, you have to find the people who bought his crap, contact them, get them to opt in, etc.

Very entertaining way to start the morning!

I don't see where the article says he was arrested (I only glanced at it). If he was it was likely for possession of a controlled substance (steroids).
My mistake, sorry. It's just that my English is bad and sometimes I translate and misinterpret things.
Anyway, they exposed him. But I guess most people who believed him were not aware of how much muscle you can build and how low body fat you can maintain for a long period of time if you train naturally.

Otherwise, I don't know exactly what was leaked as information, but if I were him I would say it was my first time trying steroids to see if it would make a difference with my natural training. And that I have recently tried and never taken before. And there was a video of mine coming up where I was going to say that this thing didn't do me any good and that no one should try it but continue to listen to my advice. But before I aired it, some of my detractors aired my conversation with my doctor or trainer or whoever was there.

No need to apologize. I was not trying to criticize, only clarify.
Clearly, but I said it so that other members of the forum would not be misled and start a discussion whether he was arrested or not :)

Damn what would I do with all that raw liver in my fridge that was part of my anabolic high test high hgh pro ultra anabolic plan for 2023? I wanted to be the Liver Prince ROFL

People like to be lied, thats it, what I see also is a strict program of training...the guy was on PEDS but he needed to put the work in for sure and that daily routine is impressive (he could be lying about it too)

Reactions: 5x5
When can we please retire email? Yes/no/call me are the only worthwhile responses. Better and safer solutions out there. It’s hard to take people who email seriously, seriously.

And seriously, a full day’s worth of meetings on the regular, and you control the company? Seems a very important man with very important decisions to make about his very important companies. It’s like the Wahlberg schedule, fake and/or questionable. Wake up, sheeple!

when I was younger I was watching the homerun derby that broke out in the MLB. their names escape me.

one of the stories I heard at the time (which I much later in life, discovered had some relevant amount of truth to it, when I learned that an acquaintance of mine, a trainer, had a large portfolio of clients, in Los Angeles. he had to stop on the way to dinner to make a delivery, and discussion ensued thereafter.) made inferences about how there are many people skirting doping rules in every professional sport to get an edge (especially since money and careers are on the line). And, it described that even though there's such a prevalence of doping tactics, very few of them were actually achieving a competitive edge, over others in their respective sports. even with doping. after coming to believe this is true to some extent, I lost interest in the morality of performance-enhancing drugs. you still have to train, and have skills, and develop your performance on the field to win, not to mention coordinate with team mates.

I was following this guy for a bit now. His vids are pre entertainment. As I mentioned in another thread, when asked if he's juicing, he just mocks the question without really answering.

I only have a few things to add:

-it was obvious from the start

-while eating organ meat, exercising, lifting, and spending time outdoors is really good for you, the lifestyle he lives is in no way a “natural” or “primal” lifestyle. The lifestyle he lives is one of a rich person who can afford to do all the stuff they do. It promotes an entirely unrealistic image that his fans no doubt aspired to. If someone is disappointed and disillusioned by him being “busted,” they should also be disillusioned with any other person who sells a lifestyle based around being as rich as possible while working as little as possible. If I was a multimillionaire with a huge plot of land, I’d also have time to train all day, eat as much food as I want of the kinds I want, get all the rest I needed, have time for friends and family, and if I so chose, cover up my usage of PEDs. Most people have to work 40 or more hours a week and don’t have the energy to live like that, even if they can afford the totally absurd amount of high quality meats he eats.

But I’m not a multimillionaire. I’m tired of being sold this image by fitness/health gurus everywhere. That was my issue with the Liver King.

“We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying.”

I'd venture a guess that those upset are narcissists.

I did not, but I wasn't buying his products either... I think it's despicable to leak a private email, but not as despicable as lying about how you built your physique and making millions on it. Glad I don't subscribe or follow either one of the parties involved.

I view the entire supplements industry as mostly built on lies.

It's rife with absurd claims lacking medical evidence for efficacy and fake before and after photos.

The recent Turkesterone scandals being another example. And, hypocritically, a lot of those calling out the Liver King were themselves caught selling fake Turkesterone.

In a multi billion dollar supplement segment, was The Liver King lying worse than many of the others?

“We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying.”

I'd venture a guess that those upset are narcissists.

Many of those, including Plates More Dates and Greg Doucette, have themselves been busted for selling fake supplements.

Narcissism? Or deflection away from their own shady business practices?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom