all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed The Liver King Steroid 'Controversy'

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
At least some of those supplement scams scammed people by putting actual effective drugs into their products!

Anyone else remember the original Jack3d with the 1,3diamethanphetaminewhateveritwas? A scoop of that legitimately put 15lbs on your bench and was like riding lighting. Then people started having heart attacks in their 20s because of the meth. Ruined the whole thing.
The first (and only) time I tried a "pre-workout", I legitimately said to myself "I'd probably lift more weight on meth too, but I wouldn't recommend it!"

Is it true that quitting that kind of usage at once can have devasting effects on the body? All I know is what my coworkers that lift tell me.
There are a lot of side effects. Most pros will consult a "medical" professional to mitigate them and plan everything out.

Even TRT shortens lifespan and that is wildly prescribed right now. (it is mostly justified by doctors as extending "healthspan")

There are a lot of side effects. Most pros will consult a "medical" professional to mitigate them and plan everything out.

Even TRT shortens lifespan and that is wildly prescribed right now. (it is mostly justified by doctors as extending "healthspan")
Like they say, once you're on you usually stay on. A long term dependence. Not appealing to me.

Like they say, once you're on you usually stay on. A long term dependence. Not appealing to me.
Yeah from what I gathered, the downside to quitting is you end up right where you were when you started.

So certainly worth it for some, but if you are just trying to dip your toes into T for some performance gains but are otherwise happy with your life it probably isn't worth it.

Yeah, it jacks up prostate cancer risk after age 70; if you're not going for supra-physiological levels of free test, you're at the 'high normal' end of the prostate risk spectrum.

But if you're going supra-physiological, it's not only much higher for prostate, but also adds in more risk to cardiac, liver, and other factors.

In the fitness space, isn't almost everyone?
A narcissist/Deflecting from their shady business practices?
Maybe, and I suppose that's why I'm here. I've gone looking for dirt and either Pavel keeps his nose out of the drama as well as he presents himself to or he is really good at seo, and hiding the bodies ;)

When I first looked at this thread, it was 8 hours old and already had 90 replies. I can’t make myself read it at all. Someone LMK please if I might actually have to read about the liver king. Thanks.

-S-
Semi- super jacked dude, owns supplement companies, makes 9 figures, obviously juiced to the gills, has been on many huge podcasts, always gets asked "Are you on steroids?" No,no,no,nono,no,no,no,no, and nope. Recent internal emails sent to another huge podcast site say otherwise.
Drama. And you aren't missing a thing.

Personally, I've bought , and like many of his beef organ supplements. I also like much of his lifestyle.

I have a feeling there’s gonna be a lot of “Alex Rodriguez” moments here in the fitness industry though. So many fitness influencers are coming out talking crap and when I see their physiques I think the same thing “this guy looks like he has help”. Just like when Alex Rodriguez went on national television and said he could never take steroids and he could never be like Barry Bonds and that was so evil and wrong to cheat the game. Lol.

When I first looked at this thread, it was 8 hours old and already had 90 replies. I can’t make myself read it at all. Someone LMK please if I might actually have to read about the liver king. Thanks.

-S-
The thread's a pretty benign combo of humor and some conjecture about use of PEDs, TRT, lifespan vs healthspan. I'd say you're good for now.

I have a feeling there’s gonna be a lot of “Alex Rodriguez” moments here in the fitness industry though. So many fitness influencers are coming out talking crap and when I see their physiques I think the same thing “this guy looks like he has help”. Just like when Alex Rodriguez went on national television and said he could never take steroids and he could never be like Barry Bonds and that was so evil and wrong to cheat the game. Lol.

A lot of the influencers generating clicks off the controversy are themselves almost certainly on gear and have also been caught selling scammy supplements.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom