all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The Optimal Wake-Up Routine

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JR47

Level 5 Valued Member
Looking for suggestions for the best way to start the day / wake the body.

Current options include: Cold shower, breath work, mobility routine, stretching, GGP, running, meditation, coffee etc, etc...

What has had the biggest impact for you?

Any and all suggestions / discussion welcome.

10 minutes mobility without fail every morning. Then a cuppa strong tea. Couldn't cope with a coffee in the morning.

Wake up, feed the cats, meditation, GGP, Pu-Erh tea, book.
Follow up question (if I may be so bold): what are your thoughts concerning the compatibility of the sun salutations in GGP with S&S? Some people seem to think that the forward bending is contra-indicated. Any clarification appreciated. PS: I love your videos and teaching programs. A perfect marriage of high quality visuals, and clear substantive teaching. Bravo!

Something as simple as possible, but not easy. Push-ups, Squats, Pull-ups, Planks. Do as many as possible with good form, or few reps as hard as you can. Just Get After It.

Face massage
Reading a few parts of a well-meaning book. My favorite is Bhagavad Gita, The Holy Bible. Currently, I'm reading Tao Te Ching.
Make a bed
Take a shower.

Optional: using phone to check FB or Sf forum. I mean I heard that screen has the same type of light like sun ray :cool:

I usually wake up 1hour and 15 minutes before going to work.
-2 glasses of water (ready near the bed)
-bathroom (check phone and strongfirst forum)
-10min sun salutation
-15min meditation
-10min Journaling
-coffee (espresso)
If I skip one of these, I feel like something is missing during the day.

For me it sort of depends on what the rest of the day has in store activity wise, but most certainly coffee without fail, and Tai-Chi most days…

Circadian Rhythm

"...A natural, internal process that regulates the sleep–wake cycle and repeats roughly every 24 hours."

This has to do with fluction of your body temperature.

When it is at it highest, 98.6 plus. You are at your peak.

When it is lower, let's say around 97 or lower, you don't perform as well.

It's like the ebb and flow of the ocean's high or low tide or day and night.

Increasing Body Temperature

1) Taking a Warm Shower upon rising is a passive method of increasing your body temperature, rather than taking a cold shower.

2) Coffee is effective for most individual. Research show that it is most effective if consumed about 30 minutes or a hour after waking.

Night Owls and Early Birds

An individual's Cirdadian Rhythm determined which one you are.

To reiterate, better performance (physically and cognativelly) occurs when body temperature is eleveated.

Night Owls body temperature is low in the morning and higher later in the day.

Early Birds body temperature is high in the morning and lower later in the day.

mobility routine, stretching,

Stretching

Stretching is best performed after a training session.

Connective tissue is somewhat like String Cheese.

When String Cheese is cold it is less pliable. When it is warm up, it is very flexible.

That is also true with Connective Tissue.

Running

Running prior to Resistance Training is usually Counter Productive for Strength Training.

How Counter Productive is dependent on the Intensity and Duration.

Current options include: Cold shower, breath work, mobility routine, stretching, GGP, running, meditation, coffee etc, etc...

What has had the biggest impact for you?

Any and all suggestions / discussion welcome.
Water, breathing and light stretching and light house cleaning before daylight. Then I try to get outside at first light…especially this time of year. Many beach sunrise and sand/surf grounding days this Summer so far.

No coffee ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom