all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The Power of the Windmill

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
I’ve been carrying a shoulder injury since just before TSC. I have working around TGU and presses with swings and push ups. One of the movements that I have been focusing at the end of my practice is the windmill. I have been using the arm bar at the beginning.
I have forgotten what a great exercise it is for mobility and stability. My shoulder is getting stronger and the rom is improving as well. Added to that is the tension generated in the core..anyone else using them in a systematic fashion in their training?

I’ve been carrying a shoulder injury since just before TSC. I have working around TGU and presses with swings and push ups. One of the movements that I have been focusing at the end of my practice is the windmill. I have been using the arm bar at the beginning.
I have forgotten what a great exercise it is for mobility and stability. My shoulder is getting stronger and the rom is improving as well. Added to that is the tension generated in the core..anyone else using them in a systematic fashion in their training?
I have some knee issues--my knees hurt in the TGU lunge position. Was thinking of doing TGU to Tall sit or High Bridge + Windmill.

How do you program the windmill in relation to the TGU?

Bauer I’m running the waving simple and S plan with a heavy bell. Shoulder is impinged so doing the swings as per program and doing 3-5 sets of 5 reps depending on how I feel. Works great.

Definitely seems to help. This is the first time I ever really used it over a sustained period. Once my shoulder clears I’ll insert the TGU as before but I think I’ll keep windmill in my programme in some capacity.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom