all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The Quest for New Year’s Weight Loss with HIRT

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
My presses totally stalled out because of the caloric deficit. I'm ready to build my calorie intake back up to something still in a deficit, but not nearly as strict. I want to own the bulldog by summer. I'm thinking something in the realm of 2200kcal a day will get me where I want.

Pressing power (as well as will power) definitely increased after abandoning the extra swings every other day. Too much of a good thing, I suppose.

And presses with the 24kg were almost as fast as what Craig was doing, but heavier ones with the 32 were much more of a slow grind.
Nice and thanks for the response. I only have a 32kg for my max size bell. I also have double 20kg, however I think I would loose power. My presses are pretty weak, 24kg being my 1RM so there's a lot of progress to be made there. What did you do on the non-HIRT days after you dropped the extra conditioning? Mainly walking? Craig mentions legs and upper body pulls for off days.

Nice and thanks for the response. I only have a 32kg for my max size bell. I also have double 20kg, however I think I would loose power. My presses are pretty weak, 24kg being my 1RM so there's a lot of progress to be made there. What did you do on the non-HIRT days after you dropped the extra conditioning? Mainly walking? Craig mentions legs and upper body pulls for off days.

On non HIRT days, really just extra walking. Downloading a pedometer and getting in 10K steps a day is so much easier than setting aside extra time to go to the gym or even doing extra swings - I've got a little boy, so it's hard to even go to a different room and do swings for an extra 30 minutes most days.

I thought about doing extra pullups, but I knew it would add extra fatigue without much calorie expenditure so I didn't bother. Even today tho I did some pullups just because I miss them

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom