all posts post new thread

Bodyweight The right way to gain weight

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

alalabiedh

Level 1 Valued Member
Everyone wants to increase weight naturally, this is essential in the world of sports bodybuilding or Fitness and others, but most of them do not know how to go to the supernatural speed of weight gain using deadly steroids or protein multiplication even kidney fatigue and the best thing to increase weight is an upward program to eat And exercise at the same time and the best time for training is at night The body has then received the needs of the crisis of calories to resist hard work Each person needs a certain number of weight to be consistent body Experts advise the weight of the natural body, for example your height like your weight 180 cm 80 kg This gives Body size is sufficient Of the muscles to build a perfect body
In the next paragraph I will address the causes of thinness and lack of muscle growth and how to treat.

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband is in 28, height 5.9", weight 116lbs.he is very skinny.2 month ago he joined the gym.till now he gains only 6.5lbs.Do I want to know how can he gain more weight early?what type of food and exercise is good for him now?how can he gain weight more early and naturally?

My husband is in 28, height 5.9", weight 116lbs.he is very skinny.2 month ago he joined the gym.till now he gains only 6.5lbs.Do I want to know how can he gain more weight early?what type of food and exercise is good for him now?how can he gain weight more early and naturally?

Whole milk and back squats is the classic recipe.

Have him drink a few litres of the milk in addition to his regular diet.

When it comes to the back squats, the average set length could be 8-12 reps. It's occasionally good to get used to heavier weights with fewer reps and maybe do a longer back off set of up to 20 reps. But even with the longer sets one must strive for perfect technique. With these long sets, it's better to use less weight than more weight, especially for a beginner.

At this stage, the main emphasis on his training should be increasing strength without worrying about gaining weight.

It's important that he grows strong enough to handle heavy weights with confidence and good form before moving on to higher-repetition sets to build mass. Heavy back squats are probably the best way to build muscle fast but they can be dangerous if performed without a spotter and other appropriate safety measures in place so he should make sure he's able to perform the movement properly. A certified SFL trainer should be able to show him how to squat safely and effectively.

Failing that, goblet squats with a kettlebell might be a good starting point for getting the hang of the movement.

Hello,

IMO, mass gain is based on a calorie surplus, combined with proper diet (most of the time, some additional carbs and proteins).

Then, big compounds such as squats, HSPU, push ups, pull ups can get the job done regarding the moves.

Rep/sets/rest depends. Some like high rep sets with low reps, some like low reps with moderate/high sets and long rests. Plenty of strategies can work because people may respond differently to different protocols

Kind regards,

Pet'

Whole milk and back squats is the classic recipe.

Have him drink a few litres of the milk in addition to his regular diet.

When it comes to the back squats, the average set length could be 8-12 reps. It's occasionally good to get used to heavier weights with fewer reps and maybe do a longer back off set of up to 20 reps. But even with the longer sets one must strive for perfect technique. With these long sets, it's better to use less weight than more weight, especially for a beginner.
how can back squats help for gain more weight?per day how many liters of milk have to drink?

At this stage, the main emphasis on his training should be increasing strength without worrying about gaining weight.

It's important that he grows strong enough to handle heavy weights with confidence and good form before moving on to higher-repetition sets to build mass. Heavy back squats are probably the best way to build muscle fast but they can be dangerous if performed without a spotter and other appropriate safety measures in place so he should make sure he's able to perform the movement properly. A certified SFL trainer should be able to show him how to squat safely and effectively.

Failing that, goblet squats with a kettlebell might be a good starting point for getting the hang of the movement.
thanks for your reply... :D

how can back squats help for gain more weight?per day how many liters of milk have to drink?

Back squats give the greatest stimulus for a person to pack more muscle mass. When it comes to milk, some go all the way to four liters, but even one or two extra liters a day is good.

Hello,

Basically, the squat uses all the body to be performed with correct form. The legs of course, but also the back / core / torso and to a certain extent, shoulders and arms to maintain the bar. The more muscle mass you recruit, the more weight you gain (with proper recovery and diet). This goes for squats, but deadlifts as well. As long as you use "big compounds", it works.

If we consider bodyweight, it remains true: squats (progression from standard to more advanced versions), push ups (progression from standard to more advanced versions), pull ups, bridges, muscle ups, etc... Time under tension is also important.

As far as diet is concerned, plenty of variables have to be considered: metabolism, calorie expenditures, programing, age, etc...

Below are threads on mass building with bodyweight:
Protocol for Mass Building
Hypertrophy with calisthenics protocol

To be more accurate, could you give us some details about what you are planning to do ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

If someone new to lifting is trying to get strong and build mass, as fast as possible, I would just do 3 sets of 5 reps in the squat, deadlift, bench press, and military press, approximately 2 or 3 days per week. An introductory barbell program from Strongfirst or something like Starting Strength or Stronglifts. Milk would help one gain weight I guess. I would not start out with sets of 20 until you become an intermediate level lifter. This is my opinion. I am not a qualified coach or trainer, please keep that in mind (I need to be careful when I give advice).

Strongfirst Leadership: Does Strongfirst offer a beginner barbell program? Or is the path to this only via the SFL course? Can the Plan Strong services create a beginner program?

Strongfirst Leadership: Does Strongfirst offer a beginner barbell program? Or is the path to this only via the SFL course? Can the Plan Strong services create a beginner program?

Power To The People! by Pavel. It is S&S with a barbell.

Plan Strong services can create a program for anyone.

-S-

Hello,

Basically, the squat uses all the body to be performed with correct form. The legs of course, but also the back / core / torso and to a certain extent, shoulders and arms to maintain the bar. The more muscle mass you recruit, the more weight you gain (with proper recovery and diet). This goes for squats, but deadlifts as well. As long as you use "big compounds", it works.

If we consider bodyweight, it remains true: squats (progression from standard to more advanced versions), push ups (progression from standard to more advanced versions), pull ups, bridges, muscle ups, etc... Time under tension is also important.

As far as diet is concerned, plenty of variables have to be considered: metabolism, calorie expenditures, programing, age, etc...

Below are threads on mass building with bodyweight:
Protocol for Mass Building
Hypertrophy with calisthenics protocol

To be more accurate, could you give us some details about what you are planning to do ?

Kind regards,

Pet'
I just want to see him fit early.how many exercises will help him to build muscle fast? which food is good for him now?just want a routine.thank you.

Hello,

just want to see him fit early.how many exercises will help him to build muscle fast? which food is good for him now?just want a routine.thank you.
This is "vague". We can talk about losing fat or gaining muscle mass / hypertrophy, or even a mix of them. There is a difference then between "fit" and "strong". Fat loss can be accelerated with running / swimming / rucking using LSD protocole for instance.

A routine highly depends on a lot of variables: recovery, nutrition, time to dedicate to the training, current level, etc...

Basically, big compounds: squats, pull ups, push ups / handstand push ups.

Regarding sets / reps, it will depends on the initial level.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I just want to see him fit early.how many exercises will help him to build muscle fast? which food is good for him now?just want a routine.thank you.

There is one thing about your enquiry that concerns me slightly. Please forgive me if I'm encroaching on personal territory here, but why doesn't your husband get in touch with us directly by joining the forum himself? Does he seriously want to get fit for himself or is it more something that you want for him?

In my experience, a person stands a better chance of meeting their goals if they are goals that they have defined for themself rather than goals set for them by someone else. If he's serious about taking charge of his fitness then joining the forum and talking to us directly would be an excellent step. If he's happy with how he is at the moment but you're not happy, then this is an issue that cannot be resolved with an exercise programme.

There is one thing about your enquiry that concerns me slightly. Please forgive me if I'm encroaching on personal territory here, but why doesn't your husband get in touch with us directly by joining the forum himself? Does he seriously want to get fit for himself or is it more something that you want for him?
I want to see my husband fit always.but he is totally careless about his health.i told him lots of time to join a good forum and get some ideas learn something, but he didn't that's why I join the forum for him.and force him to do that. He cant understand what I want from him.:(:(

@Chrisdavisjr, far be it from any of us to intervene in the dynamics of a marriage, but I can say that my wife would almost certainly never join an exercise forum but she's happy to have me provide her with exercise guidance. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

-S-

Hello,

There is subtle and thin difference between motivation and discipline.

In this case, maybe this can be worth considering doing the basics: push ups and squats. Indeed, maybe he will be more easily tempted to follow a very simple and systematic routine.

For instance, something like a circuit: 10 push ups / 10 squats (both in full ROM). No rest between exercises. And then, running this for X minutes. This stuff does not take place nor much time (at least at the beginning). From that, he'd gain some strength, conditioning and getting fitter.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I want to see my husband fit always.but he is totally careless about his health.i told him lots of time to join a good forum and get some ideas learn something, but he didn't that's why I join the forum for him.and force him to do that. He cant understand what I want from him.:(:(

It's not easy and it can be very frustrating when you care about someone and they don't seem to want to do anything for their health.

I think the key is finding something that your husband will enjoy, or maybe something you can do together as a fun activity, rather than just something to 'get fitter' or 'get healthier'. Does he enjoy any sports?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom