all posts post new thread

Bodyweight The right way to gain weight

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Eat a lot of good things.
take Carbs which are your friend when you need to put on weight.
Eat more calories than you expend.
Eat nutrient-dense, calorie-rich food.
Increase dietary fat intake.
You need to be getting at least 7 hours of sleep.

Yes, he enjoys sports, he loves to play cricket, football, tennis and indoor games he loves to play billiard, chase, card.do you think that he will become healthier by this sports?he uses to play this games but I think it does not effect on him.

2 month ago he joined the gym.till now he gains only 6.5lbs.Do I want to know how can he gain more weight early?what type of food and exercise is good for him now?how can he gain weight more early and naturally?

I just want to see him fit early.how many exercises will help him to build muscle fast?

What's the rush? If he joined the gym 2 months ago, is still going to this gym, and has gained 6.5 lbs of muscle, it seems like he is off to a good start.

Imagine the reception this thread would get if it was a man saying his wife isn't losing weight quickly enough.

Yes, he enjoys sports, he loves to play cricket, football, tennis and indoor games he loves to play billiard, chase, card.do you think that he will become healthier by this sports?he uses to play this games but I think it does not effect on him.

If you could get your husband to strength train twice weekly, hitting the compound movements (squat/deadlift, dips, pullups)

and then encourage him to PLAY his games the rest of the week,

I think you could at least see a positive physical change in him, although it might not be substantial weight gain

Thank you for nice advice.what type of meal do you suggest for him.which meal will help for gain weight and muscle early?you know he is looking younger than me although I'm 6 years younger than him. We are not good looking couple.

Thank you for nice advice.what type of meal do you suggest for him.which meal will help for gain weight and muscle early?you know he is looking younger than me although I'm 6 years younger than him. We are not good looking couple.

honestly, i put on 10 pounds in the past six months, from 149 lb on my last doctors visit to 160 lb a couple of weeks ago.

weight gain is something that is not easy for me

how I did it: peanut butter on toast daily, and a pizza + salad for dinner on a lot of nights. eating rather liberally

I didn't go overboard with the consumption to the point of making myself sick, like I see a lot of people doing when trying to "gain". I just ate toast and PB for breakfast and a large pizza for dinner on most nights.

I drank empty calories in the form of flavored drinks and didn't deny myself food at family events

I think the key is that I trained on a near daily basis and then pigged out at least once a day.

I would also not underestimate the value of being in a "nurturing" environment, having spent A LOT more time with my family the past six months. a healthy support system will go farther in putting weight on my frame than all the protein shakes I could chug. weight gain can not be viewed in a "vacuum" of just diet and exercise..

hope this helps,

jak

honestly, i put on 10 pounds in the past six months, from 149 lb on my last doctors visit to 160 lb a couple of weeks ago.

weight gain is something that is not easy for me

how I did it: peanut butter on toast daily, and a pizza + salad for dinner on a lot of nights. eating rather liberally

I didn't go overboard with the consumption to the point of making myself sick, like I see a lot of people doing when trying to "gain". I just ate toast and PB for breakfast and a large pizza for dinner on most nights.

I drank empty calories in the form of flavored drinks and didn't deny myself food at family events

I think the key is that I trained on a near daily basis and then pigged out at least once a day.

I would also not underestimate the value of being in a "nurturing" environment, having spent A LOT more time with my family the past six months. a healthy support system will go farther in putting weight on my frame than all the protein shakes I could chug. weight gain can not be viewed in a "vacuum" of just diet and exercise..

hope this helps,

jak

Thank you dear for Helping me.My friend told me to make a homemade protein for him.and it is very effective for gain weight and muscle.he told me to buy a peanut butter, egg, banana and fresh milk. 2 spoon peanut butter,1 banana,1egg and 500 gm milk and blend it.he told me to drink this shake at 2 times a day.after the workout and before sleeping.Do you have any idea about this?

Thank you dear for Helping me.My friend told me to make a homemade protein for him.and it is very effective for gain weight and muscle.he told me to buy a peanut butter, egg, banana and fresh milk. 2 spoon peanut butter,1 banana,1egg and 500 gm milk and blend it.he told me to drink this shake at 2 times a day.after the workout and before sleeping.Do you have any idea about this?

That would probably help out someone who has trouble getting in enough calories or protein per day, especially during breakfast hours..

however it all comes down to whether or not your husband likes shakes enough to drink them at least once a day

That would probably help out someone who has trouble getting in enough calories or protein per day, especially during breakfast hours..

however it all comes down to whether or not your husband likes shakes enough to drink them at least once a day

@jane nair Also, if your husband isn't doing any kind of regular training, he'll gain weight but he won't gain muscle.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom