all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
July 24

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Good session tonight, I liked my swings, and discovered that I wasn't driving hard enough with my heel when I was getting up with my stronger arm. It made a real difference in my balance and form. I went with about 1 minute between swings.

July 26

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

1.5 mile walk

Great session tonight. Swings were sharp, and my get ups were solid. I went EMOM with my swings, and they felt great, all ten sets were EMOM. Get ups were faster and sharper than Monday. I decided to try exercising afterwards tonight, and walking was all I had left in me, there was no running in my legs. Not yet anyway.

July 27

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Trained for recovery tonight. At least 90 seconds between each set, and it felt amazingly good. It was a far different workout from yesterday, but not uncomfortably different. No walk tonight, I spent 2 hours walking around as I ran rugby practice instead. Good session tonight, tomorrow will be a scheduled day of rest.

July 29

2.5 mile walk

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Good session today, swings were a little rough & get ups took some real effort. I am not sure why it was so rough today, but I powered through.

July 29

2.5 mile walk

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 8 x 10 x 24 kg, 2 x 10 x 32 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

I did one set with the 32 today, to see how it felt. Yeah, it felt real heavy, like 90 seconds between sets & 2 minutes after the second set before I grabbed the 24 kg for the rest of my swings kind of heavy. But, I did swing it 10 times with each arm. I tried the 32 with get ups, and pressing it from the ground was a little scary, and a little shaky, so just a couple presses with each arm & did my get ups with the 24 kg kettlebell.

Last edited:
July 30

2.5 mile walk

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Good session today. I went EMOM on my swings, and really felt good afterwards. Get ups were a little shaky, I might have overdone it a bit on the swings. Overall, good session.

July 31

2.7 mile walk

4 weeks to Flexible Steel
2 x 16kg Good Mornings
2 x Lunge Stretch
2 x Arm Bar with 12kg kettlebell
2 x Pullover with 12 kg kettlebell

T-Spine Mobility work, 2 sets

Just did mobility tonight. I felt that I needed some deep, slow stretching tonight, so I put out my mats, and stretched long and deep. Felt amazing, I might have to incorporate mobility sessions......

I did one set with the 32 today, to see how it felt. Yeah, it felt real heavy, like 90 seconds between sets & 2 minutes after the second set before I grabbed the 24 kg for the rest of my swings kind of heavy. But, I did swing it 10 times with each arm. I tried the 32 with get ups, and pressing it from the ground was a little scary, and a little shaky, so just a couple presses with each arm & did my get ups with the 24 kg kettlebell.
Nice work mike!

August 1

Unforeseen issues at work and rugby practice got in the way of getting a session in tonight. So, light mobility training was all I had time for between work & practice. I did do some light stretching while I was coaching last night, which is always a good thing.

August 2

2 x 16kg Good Mornings
2 x Lunge Stretch
2 x Arm Bar with 12kg kettlebell
2 x Pullover with 12 kg kettlebell

T-Spine Mobility work, 2 sets

Hip Rotations - 2 sets
90/90 Stretch- 2 sets
SLDL- 2 sets

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Great session tonight, the extra stretching and mobility drills made a real difference in my workout. I may have to start the mobility drills in the morning.

August 3

2 x 16kg Good Mornings
2 x Lunge Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 2 x 24 kg, 3 x 2 x 20 kg

Rough session tonight. Apparently, I am not ready for consecutive sessions of EMOM swings. Well, either that or work really impacted me tonight. I got home late, and needed to get my workout in before rugby practice tonight. So, I did an abbreviated warm up & stretching routine, and then started my swings, going EMOM. My swings were good, sharp & crisp, this is what flummoxes me, I would think that consecutive sessions would have a greater impact on my swings than my get ups. I guess not.

After the second set of get ups I had to drop down, partly for my safety, but also to ensure I could get all 5 sets in, as I was gassed after the second set. I got all five sets in tonight, but it was frustrating having to drop down in weight to get them all in.

Last edited:
August 5

2.1 mile walk

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

August 4 was a day off for travel. Today's session was interesting, as I grabbed the wrong kettlebell, and didn't bother double checking before leaving. So, I had a workout with the 20 kg instead of the 24 kg. I am not complaining, as I had a great session, everything felt sharp & crisp. I did not go EMOM, partly because I was outside, and partly because I didn't bring my iPad outside to have my clock handy. Oh well, it was still a good session. ;)

August 6 was another travel day, so I will have two days off in 4, so hopefully I can get back to the 24 kg kettlebell and start progressing again. I have noticed that I struggle later in the week with my get ups, and I think that I will dial back to 4 training sessions for this week, to see if I may be overtraining. I am also starting the keto diet back up this week, so a lighter training schedule will be necessary. This will also give me a little more flexibility with my schedule.

August 7

2 x 16kg Good Mornings
2 x Lunge Stretch

Hip Rotations - 2 sets
90/90 Stretch- 2 sets

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Great session tonight, it felt good to use the 24 kg kettlebell again. I trained for recovery, and I made it through all 5 sets of get ups with energy left.

August 8

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Brutal night tonight. The combination of starting up on the Keto diet, rough day at work, and whatever else is going wrong with me today about killed me. I barely made it through swings, and had to drop down to the 20 kg kettlebell for my get ups. No clue what happened, or what is happening, but I think I may have to drop back down to the 20 kg kettlebell for a couple weeks, and figure everything else out.

August 10
5 Swings - 16 kg
5 Snatches- 16 kg
5 Cleans and Presses- 16 kg
5 Front Squats- 16 kg
5 Reverse Get-up- 16 kg

Did my first session of Deep Six. I decided to use my 16 kg kettlebell, and it was awesome. I haven't been that gassed since I did the 100 swings under 5 minutes. I did 2 rounds, and stopped. I did just realize that the get up was supposed to only be one rep, but I did 5, and I just did a reverse lunge. I will drop down to one rep and do a reverse get up all the way to the floor in my next session.

What a cardio workout that was last night. I will definitely be doing this workout every other day, alternating with my chase for the Simple standard. I will also be dropping down to the 12 kg kettlebell to see if I can do more sets. As crazy as it sounds. I truly enjoyed this routine. Then again, like some others on here, I have slight ADD when it comes to working out. I am always wanting to try different things, even when my current workout is working just fine for me....

August 12

2 x 16kg Good Mornings
2 x Lunge Stretch

Hip Rotations - 2 sets
90/90 Stretch- 2 sets

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

I dropped down one kettlebell weight, and it felt better. I may just stay with the 20 kg kettlebell for a couple weeks, while I work up to five sets of Deep Six.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom