all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
November 13

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 20 kg
TGU 4 x 1 x 24 kg

Back on track this evening. Took my time stretching and warming up, and went back down to the 24 kg for swings. They felt much better, so I will start here, building up one set each day. Then, over the rest of the program, I will slowly incorporate the 28 kg. Much better session tonight.

November 14

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20kg
TGU 6 x 2 x 20 kg

Single kettlebell session tonight. Everything felt back to normal. Swings were sharp again, and the TGUs were solid. Slow and steady moving forward, no more rushing towards the 32 kg kettlebell.

Back on track this evening. Took my time stretching and warming up, and went back down to the 24 kg for swings.
Smart move.... I did the same for my get-ups but I do them MUCH slower and pay way more attention to the finer points and really working the positions and bracing everything and “breathing behind the shield”. That article from last week on the w beige about “rib flare” was a real game changer for me! As @The Nail says “brake for those curves” it is not a sprint but a life long journey

November 15

Recovery night, sort of.....when I got home, we needed to start setting the menu for next week in place, as we are travelling for Thanksgiving. Since I am the cook, and my wife and I are doing most of the cooking/planning, last night had to be done. Coordinating with 4 different sets of people can be stressful, as well as dietary restrictions/choices. So, what should have taken about an hour, took over 3 hours, three phones in action, so sort out meals for 10 over 3+ days wasn't easy.

Last edited:
November 16

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 2 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 28 kg

Fantastic workout tonight. I was feeling refreshed after having yesterday off, so I used the 24 kg kettlebell for my swings, sharp & solid every set. They really felt good with that weight.

Get ups were strong and solid even though I used the 24 kg instead of the 20 kg kettlebell. Made me stay focused on each stage. Which is of course very important in TGU practice. I felt so good I added two additional sets with the 28 kg kettlebell, one TGU with each arm. Those two felt absolutely amazing. My focus kept me solid, and they felt great from start to finish.

November 17 was a day off.
November 18

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 4 x 1 x 20 kg
TGU 4 x 1 x 24 kg

Great session today, I felt strong throughout the workout. Swings were sharp and crisp, get ups were strong and solid from start to finish.

November 19

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 4 x 1 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 28 kg

Another great session today. I was going to slowly add sets with the 28 kg kettlebell as I progressed through this "How to Get Better at Everything by Training Multiple Get-Ups" program, but I changed my mind. This is the perfect weight for me right now, it is challenging but it is not taking away from my get ups. So, no sense in moving up in weight.

The 28 kg kettlebell is feeling really good for the sets I am doing with it. I have to stay focused when getting up with it, it demands my full attention. Still, it feels good to be getting up with it.

November 20

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 6 x 1 x 24 kg

Strong session tonight. Swings remain crisp and sharp, the float is appearing more and more. Get ups were just as strong and sharp tonight. Keeping my body tensed as I start to get up keeps my opposite leg down, and staying tense keeps me focused throughout the entire movement.

I am very glad I started this program. I have found a serious amount of respect for the Get Up. Not to mention, I have learned quite a bit about the TGU as I have progressed.

November 21

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 4 x 10 x 28 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 28 kg

Good session tonight, went easy on the swing volume, but went up in weight, because of the volume and weight of the TGUs. Everything felt good all around.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

November 23

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 4 x 10 x 28 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 28 kg

Had to get a workout in before I start cooking. The 8 hour drive yesterday, and the scotch & pizza meant I didn’t get a chance to workout. I went outside, 32 degrees made for a focused session. Everything went great, I enjoyed the session. Time to get back to the kitchen.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

November 26

Tactical frog stretch
Commando rocking
Shoulder Stretching

8 hour drive home meant more mobility work. While I am liking this work, I will be hitting the kettlebells tomorrow night. Something about the goblet squats & get ups just makes everything better.

November 27

Lunges
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

TGU 2 x 2 x 20 kg
TGU 4 x 1 x 24 kg

Simple workout this evening. Got some easy mobility work in and some quality get ups done. It felt good tonight, as it should.

November 28

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 4 x 1 x 24 kg

Good session tonight. Swings felt sharp and solid. I did 2 extra sets of get ups because I was feeling pretty good tonight. This is the last week of the get up program, and I have enjoyed it immensely.

November 29

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5

TGU 4 x 1 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1 x 28 kg

Easy session tonight, more focused on mobility and get ups, and I added hip bridges back in to my warm ups, they really felt good.

I realized on my way home that I was in the wrong week, so I am easing up on my swings & instead adding sets & weight to my get ups instead. Overall tonight felt good.

November 30

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 6 x 2 x 20 kg

Single kettlebell session tonight. Since I'm taking tomorrow off, I decided I needed to work a little harder tonight. So, 10 set of 1HS, EMOM, which felt great. Then, 6 sets of doubles in get ups. It was a challenging session, but damn if it didn't feel great.

I was going to just increase my work on the get ups, but I heard the swings calling for some attention tonight. So, I decided to workout using only one kettlebell. I like these sessions, just grab it and go.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom